Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight
Gary Cohen, Deputy Administrator and Director
Chiquita Brooks-Lasure, Deputy Center and Policy Director
Jim Kerr, Acting Deputy Center and Operations Director
Business Operations Staff
Roman Gurule, Director
Office of Special Initiatives and Pricing
John Bertko, Director
Consumer Support Group
Vicki Gottlich, Director
Health Care.Gov Division - Brian James, Acting Director
Consumer Services Division - Holly Whelan, Acting Director
Appeals Division - Ellen Kuhn, Director
Transparency and Disclosures Division - Jennifer Libster, Director
Insurance Programs Group
Teresa Miller, Acting Director
PCIP Division - Kevin Simpson, Director
ERRP Division - Vacant, Director
CO-OP Division -Vacant, Director
Teresa Miller, Acting Director
Market Rules Division - James Mayhew, Director
Enforcement Division - Lisa Campbell Director
Medical Loss Ratio Division - Carol Jimenez, Acting Director
Rates Review Division - Douglas Pennington, Director
Exchange Policy and Operations Group
Alissa Deboy, Director
Division Exchanges Implementation and Policy Coordination -Vacant, Director
Division of Eligibility and Enrollment Policy Operations - Lauren Block, Director
Division of Plan Management Policy & Operations - Lourdes Grindal-Miller, Acting Director
Payment Policy and Financial Management Group
Sharon Arnold, Director
Division of Policy and Analysis - Jeff Wu, Acting Director
Division of Financial Transfers and Operations - Catherine Jansto, Acting Director
Division of Risk Adjustment Operations - Lateefah Hughes, Director
Division of Reinsurance Operations - Patricia Keenan, Acting Director
State Exchange Group
Amanda Cowley, Director
Division of State Technical Assistance - Hilary Dalin, Director
Division of Policy and Market Analysis - Dena Puskin, Director
Division of State Operations - Melissa Sanders, Director
- Provides national leadership in setting and enforcing standards for health insurance that promote fair and reasonable practices to ensure affordable, quality health care coverage is available to all Americans.
- Provides consumers with comprehensive information on insurance coverage options currently available so they may make informed choices on the best health insurance for themselves and their families and issues consumer assistance grants to States.
- Implements, monitors compliance with, and enforces the new rules governing the insurance market such as the prohibition on rescissions and on pre-existing condition exclusions for children. Conducts external appeals for States that do not have that authority.
- Implements, monitors compliance with, and enforces the new rules regarding medical loss ratio standards and the insurance premium rate review process, and issues premium rate review grants to States.
- Administers the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan program and associated grant funding to States, the Early Retiree Reinsurance Program, and the Consumer Operated and Oriented Plan program.
- Collects, compiles and maintains comparative pricing data for an internet portal providing information on insurance options, and provides assistance to enable consumers to obtain maximum benefit from the new health insurance system.
- Collects, compiles and maintains comparative pricing data for the Department's web site, provides assistance to enable consumers to understand the new health insurance laws and regulations, and establishes and issues consumer assistance grants to States.
- Develops and implements policies and rules governing State-based Exchanges, establishes and issues Exchange Planning and Establishment to States, oversees the operations of State-based Exchanges, and administers Exchange in States that elect not to establish their own.
- Page last Modified: 05/06/2013 8:43 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins