Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services
Cindy Mann, Deputy Administrator and Director
Julie Boughn, Deputy Center Director
Penny Thompson, Deputy Center Director
Children and Adults Health Programs Group
Eliot Fishman, Director
Division of State Demonstrations and Waivers - Diane Gerrits, Director
Division of State Coverage Programs - Linda Nablo, Director
Division of Quality, Evaluation and Health Outcomes - Marsha Lillie-Blanton, Director
Division of Eligibility, Enrollment and Outreach - Judith Cash, Director
Disabled and Elderly Health Programs Group
Barbara Edwards, Director
Division of Benefits and Coverage - Melissa Harris, Director
Division of Long Term Services and Supports - Ralph Lollar, Director
Division of Community Systems Transformation - Jennifer Burnett, Director
Division of Pharmacy - Kimberly Howell, Acting Director
Division of Integrated Health Systems - Nancy Klimon, Director
Data and Systems Group
Julie Boughn, Acting Director
Division of State Systems - Jessica Kahn, Director
Division of Information Analysis and Technical Assistance - Loretta Schickner, Director
Division of Data Strategy and Enterprise Architecture - Melissa Hulbert, Director
Financial Management Group
Timothy Hill, Director
Division of Financial Operations - Rory Howe, Director
Division of Reimbursement and State Financing - Janet Freeze, Director
Intergovernmental and External Affairs Group
Jennifer Ryan, Director
Division of State and Stakeholder Relations - Michelle Mills, Director
Division of Tribal Affairs - Kathleen Marx, Director
Division of Communications and Outreach - Candice Payne, Director
Operations Services Group
Ginni Hain, Director
Division of Budget and Acquisitions - Ginni Hain, Acting Director
Division of Operations and Executive Support - Angela Corbin, Director
- Serves as CMS' focal point for the formulation, coordination, integration, implementation, and evaluation of all national program policies and operations relating to the Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- In partnership with States, evaluates the success of State agencies in carrying out their responsibilities for effective State program administration and beneficiary protection, and, as necessary, assists States in correcting problems and improving the quality of their operations.
- Identifies and proposes modifications to Medicaid and CHIP program measures, regulations, laws and policies to reflect changes or trends in the health care industry, program objectives, and the needs of Medicaid beneficiaries. Collaborates with the Office of Legislation on the development and advancement of new legislative initiatives and improvements.
- Serves as CMS' lead for management, oversight, budget and performance issues relating to Medicaid, CHIP, and the related interactions with the States.
- Coordinates with the Center for Program Integrity on the identification of program vulnerabilities and implementation of strategies to eliminate fraud, waste, and abuse.
- In conjunction with the Office of Public Engagement, oversees all CMS interactions and collaboration relating to Medicaid and CHIP with beneficiaries, States and territories and key stakeholders (e.g., health facilities and other health care providers, other Federal government entities, local governments) and communication and dissemination of policies, guidance and materials to same to understand their perspectives, support their efforts, and to drive best practices for beneficiaries, in States and throughout the health care industry.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive strategic plan, objectives and measures to carry out CMS' Medicaid and CHIP mission and goals and position the organization to meet future challenges with the Medicaid and CHIP programs.
- Page last Modified: 02/28/2014 7:16 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins