Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation
Richard Gilfillan, Director
Sean Cavanaugh, Deputy Director
Thomas Reilly, Deputy Director
Dennis Wagner, Co-Director and Associate Director
Patient Care Models Group
Carol Bazell, M.D., Director
Division of Technical Model Support - Carol Bazell, M.D., Acting Director
Division of Payment Models - Carol Bazell, M.D., Acting Director
Division of Health Care Models - Carol Bazell, M.D., Acting Director
Seamless Care Models Group
Division of Advanced Primary Care - Pauline Lapin, Acting Director
Division of Accountable Care Organization Populations - Hoangmai Pham, M.D., Director
Preventive and Population Health Care Models Group
Research and Rapid Cycle Evaluation Group
William Shrank, M.D., Director
Division of Research on Health Plans, Health Systems, and Drugs - Noemi Rudolph, Director
Division of Research on Payment and Accountability - Timothy Cuerdon, Director
Division of Research on Vulnerable Populations and Care Transformation - William Clark, Director
Division of Statistical Methods and Programming - Renee Mentnech, Acting Director
Stakeholder Engagement Group
Mandy Cohen, M.D., Director
Learning and Diffusion Group
Rocco Perla, Director
Division of Learning System Design and Improvement - Captain Frances Gipson, Acting Director
Division of Large Scale Spread and Improvement - Captain Frances Gipson, Acting Director
Division of Acute Care Improvement - Captain Frances Gipson, Acting Director
Business Services Group
Jeanne Wise, Director
Division of Executive Operations - Barbara Harrington, Director
Division of Innovation Program Management -Rick Singer, Director
Division of Budget and Contracting - Bennett Solberg, Director
Medicare Demonstrations Group
Linda Magno, Director
Division of Delivery System Demonstrations - David Hurwitz, Director
Division of Payment Policy Demonstrations - Cynthia Mason, Director
Division of Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Demonstrations - Lynn Riley, Director
Policy and Programs Group
Sheila Hanley, Director
Division of Division of Innovation Awards Programs - Cynthia Anderson, Acting Director
State Innovations Group
Karen Murphy, Director
- Identifies, validates and disseminates information about new care models and payment approaches to serve Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries seeking to enhance the quality of health and health care and reducing cost through improvement.
- Consults with representatives of relevant Federal agencies, and clinical and analytical experts with expertise in medicine and health care management, including providers, payers, states, businesses, and community agencies, to develop new and effective models of care.
- Creates and tests new models in clinical care, integrated care and community health, and disseminates information on these models through CMS, HHS, states, local organizations, and industry channels.
- Performs rapid cycle evaluation of innovation and demonstration activities to determine effectiveness and feasibility for broader dissemination, scale, and sustainability.
- Works closely with other CMS components and regional offices to study health care industry trends and data for the purposes of designing, implementing, and evaluating innovative payment and service delivery models, and to disseminate information about effective models.
- Creates and tests innovative payment and service delivery models, building collaborative learning networks to facilitate the collection and analysis of innovation, as well as the implementation of effective practices, and developing necessary technology to support this activity.
- Creates and tests innovative payment and service delivery models, developing fellows with expertise in innovation, demonstration and diffusion to help support the introduction of effective practices across the nation.
- Carries out core business functions (e.g., budget, facilities, HR, communications).
- Page last Modified: 04/24/2013 3:36 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins