Chief Operating Officer
Marilyn Tavenner, Acting Administrator and Chief Operating Officer
Michelle Snyder, Deputy Chief Operating Officer
The Office of Operations Management, Office of Information Services, Office of Acquisition and Grants Management, Office of Financial Management, Office of E-Health Standards and Services, and the 4 Consortia are under the Chief Operating Officer.
- Overall responsibility for facilitating the coordination, integration and execution of CMS policies and activities across CMS components, including new program initiatives.
- Promotes accountability, communication, coordination, and facilitation of cooperative corporate decision-making among CMS senior leadership on management, operational and programmatic cross-cutting issues.
- Tracks and monitors CMS performance and intervenes, as appropriate, to ensure key milestones/deliverables are successfully achieved. Keeps the Administrator and Principal Deputy Administrator advised of the status of significant national initiatives and programs that affect beneficiaries and/or the health care industry and makes recommendations regarding necessary corrective actions.
- Provides executive leadership to CMS' Consortia operations, including facilitating all required interaction and coordination between Consortia and other CMS components.
- Oversees all planning, implementation and evaluation of administrative and operational activities for CMS, including enterprise-wide information systems and services, acquisition and grants, financial management, electronic health standards, facilities, and human resources.
- Page last Modified: 04/03/2013 2:37 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins