Office of the Administrator
Marilyn Tavenner, Administrator
Andrew Slavitt, Principal Deputy Administrator
Aryana Khalid, Chief of Staff
Patrick Conway, M.D., Deputy Administrator for Innovation and Quality and CMS Chief Medical Officer
Anju Bhargava, Deputy Administrator for Risk Management and Chief Risk Officer
- The Administrator directs the planning, coordination, and implementation of the programs under Titles XI, XVIII, XIX, and XXI of the Social Security Act and related statutes, as amended, and directs the development of effective relationships between these programs and private and federally supported health-related programs.
- Within broad Department of Health and Human Services policy and guidelines, the Administrator oversees the establishment of program goals and objectives and the development of policies, standards and guidelines; evaluates progress in the administration of CMS programs; and ensures that required actions are taken to direct or redirect efforts to achieve program objectives.
- The Administrator works with the States, other Federal agencies and other concerned nongovernmental organizations in administering health care financing programs.
- The Administrator is assisted by a Principal Deputy Administrator, who functions with full authority during the Administrator's absence.
- Page last Modified: 12/09/2014 5:02 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins