Office of Acquisition and Grants Management
Daniel Kane, Director
Brenda Thew, Acting Deputy Director
Business Operations Staff
Mary Jones, Director
Acquisition Policy Group
Leisa Bodway, Director
Division of Policy Workforce, and System - Famane Brown Director
Division of Audit, Compliance, and Contract Closeout - Mark Werder, Director
Acquisition and Grants Group
Ed Hughes, Director
Division of Grants Management - Mary Beth Greene, Director
Division of Support Contracts - Carol Sevel, Director
Division of Beneficiary Support Contracts - Debra Hoffman, Director
Acquisition Support Group
Pam Collins, Director
Division of Medicare Support Contracts - Juanita Wilson, Director
Division of Quality Contracts - Brian Hebbel, Director
Division of Program Integrity and Financial Management Contracts - Theresa Schultz, Director
Information Technology Contracts Group
Derrick Heard, Director
Division of Information Systems Contracts - Andrew Mummert, Director
Division of Data Center Contracts - Christopher Hagepanos, Director
Division of Medicare & Medicaid IT Support Contracts - Donald Knode, Director
Medicare Administrative Contracts Group
Linda Hook, Director
Division of Eastern Medicare Administrative Contracts - Desiree Wheeler, Director
Division of Southern Medicare Administrative Contracts - Kathy Markman, Director
Division of Western Medicare Administrative Contracts - Jaime Galvez, Director
- Serves as the Agency's Head of the Contracting Activity. Plans, organizes, coordinates and manages the activities required to maintain an agency-wide acquisition program.
- Serves as the Agency's Chief Grants Management Official, with responsibility for all CMS discretionary grants.
- Ensures the effective management of the Agency's acquisition and grant resources.
- Serves as the lead for developing and overseeing the Agency's acquisition planning efforts.
- Develops policy and procedures for use by acquisition staff and internal CMS staff necessary to maintain efficient and effective acquisition and grant programs.
- Advises and assists the Administrator, senior staff, and Agency components on acquisition and grant related issues.
- Plans, develops, and interprets comprehensive policies, procedures, regulations, and directives for CMS acquisition functions.
- Represents CMS at departmental acquisition and grant forums and functions, such as the Executive Council on Acquisition and the Executive Council for Grants Administration Policy.
- Serves as the CMS contact point with HHS and other Federal agencies relative to grant and cooperative agreement policy matters.
- Coordinates and/or conducts training for contracts and grant personnel, as well as project officers in CMS components.
- Develops agency-specific procurement guidelines for the utilization of small and disadvantaged business concerns in achieving an equitable percentage of CMS' contracting requirements.
- Provides cost/price analyses and evaluations required for the review, negotiation, award, administration, and closeout of grants and contracts. Provides support for field audit capability during the pre-award and closeout phases of contract and grant activities.
- Develops and maintains the OAGM automated procurement management system. Manages procurement information activities (i.e., collecting, reporting, and analyzing procurement data).
- Page last Modified: 04/24/2013 4:22 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins