Offices of Enterprise Management
Niall Brennan, Acting Director
Estelle Sowienski, Deputy Director
Vacant, Deputy Director
Operations Business Management Group
Barbara Rufo, Acting Director
Office of Enterprise Strategy and Performance
Lori Maatta, Acting Director
Project Management Systems Group - Monica Kay, Acting Director
Project Integration and Analysis Group - William Dawkins, Acting Director
Performance Management Group - Reginald Powell, Director
Strategy Management Group - Susan Hill, Director
Office of E-Health Standards and Services
Robert Tagalicod, Director
HIT Initiatives Group - Elizabeth Holland, Director
Administration Simplification Group - Matthew Albright, Director
Division of Privacy Operations and Compliance -Andrew Mack, Director
Office of Enterprise Business
Niall Brennan, Acting Director
Enterprise Development Group - Fatima Miller, Acting Director
Business Operations Group - Barbara Rufo, Director
Innovation Business Support Group - Michael Reinhold, Director
Office of Information Products and Data Analytics
Christine Cox, Acting Director
Data and Analytics Strategy Group - Adrien Abrams, Director
Policy and Data Analytics Group - Eric Rollins, Director
Information Products Group - Chris Powers, Acting Director
Data Development and Services Group - Andrew Shatto, Director
Division of Survey Management and Analysis - Jason Petroski, Director
Division of Research Data Development - Ronnie Tan, Director
- Develops, integrates, and aligns CMS strategic plans with the Department of Health and Human Services' (HHS) 5-year strategic plan and performance goals.
- Directs and oversees the strategic planning process to achieve CMS strategic goals and objectives through a collaborative process with internal and external partners.
- Obtains understanding and concurrence of CMS senior management, the Chief and Deputy Chief Operating Officers, the Principal Deputy Administrator, and the CMS Administrator on long term strategic plans and goals, and timelines and actions steps to be taken to achieve strategic aims and goals.
- Serves as CMS’ primary resource for expertise on project management and integration and managing the CMS Agency Project Management System.
- Provides expert consulting services to CMS Centers and Offices to support their project management activities including project planning, risk analysis, and project reporting including dashboard designs.
- Develops, maintains and analyzes integrated project plans, schedules, and/or timelines for designated high priority, mission-critical projects of large scope and complexity to ensure Agency-wide project coordination, identification of project dependencies and potential risks and the accurate reporting of project status.
- Collaborates with HHS on policy issues related to e-health standards, and serves as the CMS point of contact for the Office of National Coordinator (ONC) for Health Information Technology and HHS.
- Develops and coordinates a strategic framework for e-health. Coordinates and supports internal and external technical activities related to e-health services and ensures that individual initiatives tie to the overall agency and Federal e-health goals and strategies.
- Serves as agency point of reference on Federal and private sector e-health initiatives and coordinates and provides guidance on legislative and regulatory issues related to e-health standards and policies.
- Oversees the Administrative Simplification provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, including transactions, code sets, and identifiers and serves as CMS lead for the administrative simplification and financial standards provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 and the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 (together, "the Affordable Care Act").
- Acts as a change agent for Enterprise excellence within the Agency by driving enterprise thinking and facilitating business and operational transformation with the goals of increasing efficiencies, transparency, and accountability of CMS programs and initiatives, better leverage agency resources, reduce waste, and promote a culture of multi-component collaboration to ensure that the enterprise interests are at the forefront and that we eliminate silos.
- Transforms CMS into a model of a strategic and operational excellence assisting components in aligning their programs and business functions across the CMS Enterprise to achieve the CMS strategic vision.
- Reviews and analyzes resource requirements for business solutions and project proposals and provide guidance to create enterprise level integrated business operations, knowledge resources, business architecture, and technology infrastructure.
- Develops a business enterprise strategic road map to transform CMS into an agile and flexible business operations environment that can responsively address the changing requirements of delivery system transformation and health reform legislation.
- Establishes an enterprise data governance framework to ensure consistency in established policies and procedures regarding data collection, management, utilization and dissemination of CMS data, promoting maximum access to data for internal and external users while maintaining beneficiary privacy and security.
- Develops and implements a data services strategy to maximize use of data on all CMS programs for external and internal users, including issue papers, chart books, dashboards, interactive reports, data enclave services, limited data sets, public use files, and research identifiable files.
- Conducts timely research and analysis on Medicare and Medicaid program data to identify geographic and other drivers of variation in cost, utilization and quality. Develops program insights and solutions based on these results to reduce spending and increase quality.
- Provides ongoing support and development of CMS and HHS data transparency initiatives including the HHS Health Data Initiative, the Health Indicators Warehouse, and HealthData.gov.
- Page last Modified: 03/31/2014 10:27 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins