Office of Financial Management
Deborah Taylor, Director and Chief Financial Officer
Gerald Walters, Deputy Director
Business Operations Staff
William Gould, Director
Budget & Analysis Group
Megan Worstell, Director
Division of Program Budget - Elizabeth Mack, Director
Division of Budget Formulation & Presentation - Jennifer Carter, Director
Division of Administrative Budget & Execution - Jeff Clark, Director
Accounting Management Group
Maria Montilla, Director & Deputy Chief Financial Officer
Division of Accounting Operations - Vacant, Director
Division of Accounting Systems - Kurt Pleines, Director
Division of Financial Reporting, Policy & Oversight - Latayshia Lance, Director
Division of Premium Billing & Collections - Shellae Louden, Director
Division of Travel Policy & Operations - Dennis Czulewicz, Director
Financial Services Group
Charlotte Benson, Director
Division of Financial Strategies & Evaluation - Wayne Slaughter, Acting Director
Division of Provider Audit Operations - Mark Korpela, Director
Division of Medicare Debt Management - Deborah Parzynski, Director
Division of MSP Program Operations - John Albert, Acting Director
Division of Capitated Plan Audits - Julia Gorner, Director
Financial Management Systems Group
Janet Vogel, Director
Division of Program & Support Systems - Michael O'Leary, Director
Division of Financial Applications Systems - Bernice Pendley, Director
Division of Program & Data Management - Gina Perantoni, Director
Division of Technical Operations - Chris Martin, Director
Provider Compliance Group
George Mills, Director
Division of Medical Review & Education - Jill Nicolaisen, Director
Division of Error Rate Measurement - Chrissy Fowler, Director
Division of Recovery Audit Operations - Connie Leonard, Director
Division of Analysis, Corrective Actions & Compliance Technology - Dan Schwartz, Acting Director
- Serves as the Chief Financial Officer and Comptroller for CMS.
- Formulates, presents and executes all CMS budget accounts; develops outlay plans and tracks contract and grant award amounts; acts as liaison with the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) on budget estimates; reviews demonstration waivers (except 1115) for revenue neutrality. Is responsible for ensuring that the budget is formulated in accordance with CMS' strategic plan and the Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA) goals and performance measures.
- Acts as liaison with Assistant Secretary for Management and Budget, Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and the Congressional appropriations committees for all matters concerning CMS' operating budget.
- Manages the Medicare financial management system, the Medicare contractors' budgets, Quality Improvement Organizations' budgets, research budgets, managed care payments, the issuance of State Medicaid grants, and the funding of the State survey/certification and the Clinical Laboratory and Improvement Act programs. Is responsible for all CMS disbursements.
- Performs cash management activities and establishes and maintains systems to control the obligation of funds and ensure that the Anti-Deficiency Act is not violated.
- Performs CMS' debt management activities (e.g., accounts receivable, user fees, penalties, disallowances).
- Reconciles all CMS financial data and prepares external reports to other agencies such as DHHS, Treasury, OMB, Internal Revenue Service, General Services Administration, related to CMS' obligations, expenditures, prompt payment activities, debt and cash management, and other administrative functions.
- Working with other CMS components, develops CMS policies governing both Medicare Secondary Payer and Medicaid Third Party Liability.
- Develops and implements all civil money penalty policies in all programs.
- Prepares financial statements for Federal Managers Financial Integrity Act and GPRA.
- Page last Modified: 04/24/2013 4:21 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins