Office of Minority Health
Cara James, Director
Madeleine Shea, Deputy Director
Data and Policy Analytics Group
Chris Haffer, Director
Program Alignment and Partner Engagement Group
Maria Harr, Director
- Serves as the principal advisor and coordinator to the Agency for the special needs of minority and disadvantaged populations.
- Provides leadership, vision and direction to address HHS and CMS Strategic Plan goals and objectives related to improving minority health and eliminating health disparities.
- Develops an Agency-wide data collection infrastructure for minority health activities and initiatives.
- Implements activities to increase the availability of data to monitor the impact of CMS programs in improving minority health and eliminating health disparities.
- Participates in the formulation of CMS goals, policies, legislative proposals, priorities and strategies as they affect health professional organizations and others involved in or concerned with the delivery of culturally and linguistically-appropriate, quality health services to minorities and disadvantaged populations.
- Consults with HHS Federal agencies and other public and private sector agencies and organizations to collaborate in addressing health equity.
- Establishes short-term and long-range objectives and participates in the focus of activities and objectives in assuring equity of access to resources and health careers for minorities and disadvantaged populations.
- Page last Modified: 09/30/2014 10:55 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins