Office of Operations Management
James Weber, Director
Susan Cuerdon, Deputy Director
Administrative Services Group
Brenda Pickering, Director
Division of Publications Management Services - Rosemary Skocz, Director
Division of Communications & Conference Management - Barbara Hutchinson, Director
Division of Facilities & Space Management - Anona Eckenrode, Director
Division of Employee and Logistics Services - Andrea Jenkins, Director
Division of Critical Infrastructure Protection - John Rudolph, Director
Office of Hearings
Ben Cohen, Director
Division of Hearings & Decisions - Paul Crofton, Director
Division of Jurisdiction & Case Management - Christine Blowers, Acting Director
Human Capital Management Group
Angela Porter, Director
Division of Strategic Recruitment and Workforce Systems -Regina Fletcher, Director
Division of Talent Development - Lonni Giroux, Director
Division of Pay and Benefits - Anthony Baker, Director
Division of Quality and Compliance - Ophelia Ann Williams, Director
Division of Client Operations A - Jodi Johnson, Director
Division of Client Operations B - Jim Welkos, Director
Management Operations Group
Robin Williams, Director
Ethics Management Office - Joe Dion, Director
Division of Performance and Organizational Programs - Mike Barron, Director
Division of Administrative Systems Management- Steve Collins, Director
Division of Personnel Security Services - Tina McGowan, Director
Business Operations and Professional Services Group
Linda Peltz, Director
Division of Workforce Compliance - Eva Rhodes, Director
Division of Administrative Services - Sean Maccarroll, Director
- Prepares and presents recommendations to the Administrator, Principal Deputy Administrator and Chief Operating Officer and other high-level CMS and Department officials on planning, leadership, implementation and policy issues concerning modifications to existing and proposed operating policies that will improve the administration and operations of programs and CMS as a whole.
- Provides consulting services internally to CMS management and staff to identify processes that need improvement, to develop improvement strategies, and to monitor processes and improvements over time. Participates in CMS-wide initiatives to streamline operations, improve accountability and performance, and implement management best practices.
- Promotes project planning principles throughout CMS and provides technical guidance to CMS on project planning and management techniques. Prepares and presents recommendations to senior officials regarding major projects.
- Promotes and teaches risk assessment methods to business owners throughout CMS. Promotes awareness of the importance of risk analysis as a component of business planning and trains CMS staff in specific techniques and their applicability in particular situations.
- Identifies operational vulnerabilities within CMS and develops and executes an operational review plan for each fiscal year, subject to approval by the Principal Deputy Administrator and Chief Operating Officer and other senior leadership of CMS.
- Plans and conducts targeted internal audits and makes recommendations to strengthen internal audits and improve the operations of CMS.
- Provides CMS' internal customers (employees) with support in human resource management, procurement management, and logistics. Includes planning, organizing, coordinating, and evaluating needed activities in each area.
- Manages and directs CMS' ethics and management programs; develops and implements CMS’ policies, rules and procedures related to effecting, managing and directing CMS procurements; provides policy direction, coordination and support for administrative services including space, property, records, printing and facilities management, safety and security, and a centralized customer service desk.
- Provides administrative support functions for the Commissioned Corps.
- Develops and maintains administrative systems for ethics, awards, procurement, and property management.
- Provides staff support to the Provider Reimbursement Review Board (PRRB) and the Medicare Geographic Review Board (MGCRB).
- Conducts Medicare and Medicaid Hearings on behalf of the Secretary or the Administrator that are not within the jurisdiction of the Department Appeals Board, the Social Security Administration's Office of Hearings and Appeals, the PRRB, the MGCRB, or the States.
- Page last Modified: 04/24/2013 4:20 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins