Consortium for Quality Improvement and Survey & Certification Operations
Renard Murray, Acting Consortium Administrator, 404-562-7150
Jean Sheil, Director, Emergency Preparedness and Response Operations, 202-205-9304
David Wright, Acting Regional Administrator for Atlanta and Dallas, 214-767-6423
Gil Silva, Deputy Regional Administrator, Atlanta, 404-562-7150
Lisa McAdams M.D. (Acting), Deputy Regional Administrator, Dallas, 214-767-6423
William R. Taylor, M.D., Associate Regional Administrator, Boston, DQI, 617-565-1323
Crystal Russell, Associate Regional Administrator, Dallas, DQI, 404-562-7175
Dr. Annette Kussmaul, Associate Regional Administrator, Kansas City, DQI, 816-426-6344
Shane Illies, Associate Regional Administrator, Seattle, DQI, 206-615-2310
William Roberson, Associate Regional Administrator, Philadelphia, DSC, 216-616-2435
Sandra Pace, Associate Regional Administrator, Atlanta, DSC, 404-562-7400
Nadine Renbarger, Associate Regional Administrator, Chicago, DSC, 312-886-0783
Gerardo Ortiz, Associate Regional Administrator, Dallas, DSC, 214-767-6301
Steven Chickering, Associate Regional Administrator, San Francisco, DSC, 415-744-3679
- Serves as the Field focal point for all quality, clinical and medical science issues and policies for CMS’ programs. Provides leadership and coordination for the development and implementation of a cohesive, CMS-wide approach to measuring and promoting quality and leads CMS’ priority-setting process for clinical quality improvement. Coordinates quality-related activities with outside organizations. Monitors quality of Medicare, Medicaid, and the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA). Evaluates the success of interventions.
- Identifies and develops best practices and techniques in quality improvement; implementation of these techniques will be overseen by appropriate components. Develops and collaborates on demonstration projects to test and promote quality measurement and improvement.
- Develops tests and evaluates, adopts and supports performance measurement systems (quality indicators at) to evaluate care provided to CMS beneficiaries except for demonstration projects residing in other components.
- Assures that CMS’ quality related activities (survey and certification, technical assistance, beneficiary information, payment policies and provider/plan incentives) are fully and effectively integrated in the field. Carries out the Health Care Quality Improvement Program for the Medicare, Medicaid, and CLIA programs.
- Assists in the specification and operational refinement of an integrated CMS quality information system, which includes tools for measuring the coordination of care between health care settings; analyzes data supplied by that system to identify opportunities to improve care and assess success of improvement interventions.
- Enforces the requirements of participation for providers and plans in the Medicare, Medicaid, and CLIA programs. Recommends revisions of the requirements based on statutory change and input from other components.
- Operates the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization and End-Stage Renal Disease Network program, providing policies and procedures, contract design, program coordination, and leadership in selected projects.
- Identifies, prioritizes and develops content for clinical and health related aspects of CMS’ Consumer Information Strategy; collaborates with other components to develop comparative provider and plan performance information for consumer choices.
- Assists in the preparation of the scientific, clinical, and procedural basis for and recommends to the Administrator decisions regarding coverage of new and established technologies and services. Maintains liaison with other departmental components regarding the safety and effectiveness of technologies and services; prepares the scientific and clinical basis for, and recommends approaches to, quality related medical review activities of contractors and payment policies.
- Serves as the focal point for all CMS field activities relating to CLIA, the survey and certification of health facilities and all interactions with States and local governments (including the Territories).
- Implements, evaluates and refines standardized provider performance measures used within provider certification programs. Supports States in their use of standardized measures for provider feedback and quality improvement activities. Implements and supports the data collection and analysis systems needed by States to administer the certification program.
- Serves as the Consortium focal point for emergency preparedness for the field.
- Provides oversight in the areas of human resource procurement and logistics.
- Ensures the effective management of CMS’ information technology, and information systems and resources in the field.
- Implements the privacy and confidentiality policies pertaining to the collection, use, and release of individually identifiable data.
- Proactively establishes, manages, and fosters partnerships within the region with State and local governments, providers and provider associations, beneficiaries and their representatives, and the media that are focused on CMS’ goals and objectives.
- Serves as the primary point of contact to appropriate members of Congress, State Governors, Federal, State, and local officials and tribal governments on matters concerning the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
- Oversees the coordination and integration of CMS activities with other Federal, State, local, and private health care agencies and organizations.
- Counsels, advises, and collaborates with top CMS officials on policy matters and major considerations in developing, implementing, and coordinating CMS’ programs as they interrelate in addressing national and regional strategies.
- Advises the Office of the Administrator on special problems as they relate to national initiatives and programs and as they impact major constituents or their key representatives.
- Promotes accountability, communication, coordination and facilitation of cooperative corporate decision-making among CMS top senior staff on management, operational and programmatic issues cross-cutting organizational components with diverse functions and activities.
- Page last Modified: 02/04/2015 8:47 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins