Special Hiring Programs
2013 Summer Internship Program (SIP)
This is a 12-week internship program for current students with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. The purpose of the Summer Intern Program is to enhance students' knowledge about CMS programs, mission, vision and goals. Additionally, the program seeks to familiarize participants about Federal, State, and local health care programs serving under-served and uninsured populations.
Recruitment for the 2013 Summer Internship Program will take place through vacancy announcements posted on www.USAJobs.gov. The announcements may be found by using a keyword search of “CMS Intern” in the “What” section of the USAJobs website. A full description of the program, qualification, and application requirements will be found in the vacancy announcements, so please read carefully. Students must submit a complete application online through the appropriate vacancy announcement(s) for consideration by the closing date. The anticipated open period for applications is February 4, 2013 – February 11, 2013.
The links to the vacancy announcements may be found below:
- GS-399-1/3 (Administration): https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/337099600
- GS-399-4/7 (Administration): https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/337096300
- GS-199-4/9 (Health Care): https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/337079400
- GS-2299-4/9 (Information Technology): https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/337092900
When applying, students should pay close attention when prompted for the “lowest acceptable grade”, and be sure to respond by selecting the lowest grade they are willing to accept from the dropdown box. Students will not be considered for any grade levels below what is selected for this question. A detailed description of the education/experience needed for each grade level is outlined in the “Qualifications” section of each vacancy announcement.
- Page last Modified: 04/02/2013 1:01 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins