Andy SlavittActing Administrator
Andy Slavitt is the Acting Administrator for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). As Acting Administrator, Slavitt is responsible for overseeing the programs that serve the millions of Americans that access health care services through Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP and the Marketplace. Slavitt and the CMS team are focused on improving health outcomes, access and affordability while improving health disparities and combatting health care fraud. Slavitt joined CMS as Principal Deputy Administrator after spending more than 20 years in the private sector. Most recently he served as Group Executive Vice President for Optum where he oversaw the delivery of clinical, technology and operational solutions to health care clients and consumers.
Prior to his role at Optum, Slavitt was CEO of OptumInsight from 2006 through 2011. He was also founder and CEO of HealthAllies, a consumer health care service and has worked as a strategy consultant with McKinsey & Company and as an investment banker with Goldman Sachs.
Slavitt has served in a number of advocacy and board capacities in health care, education and the community. Slavitt graduated from the Wharton School and The College of Arts & Sciences at the University of Pennsylvania, and received his Master of Business Administration degree from the Harvard Business School.
- Office of the Actuary
- Office of Acquisition and Grants Management
- Office of Communications
- Office of Enterprise Data and Analytics
- Office of Enterprise Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights
- Federal Coordinated Health Care Office
- Office of Financial Management
- Office of Hearings and Inquiries
- Office of Legislation
- Office of Minority Health
- Office of Operations Management
- Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs
- Office of Technology Solutions