Tamper Resistant Prescriptions
Beginning April 1, 2008, all written prescriptions for outpatient drugs prescribed to a Medicaid beneficiary must be on paper with at least one tamper-resistant feature as outlined by CMS. Beginning October 1, 2008, these same prescriptions must be on paper that meets all three baseline characteristics of tamper-resistant pads.
For additional information, click on the Downloads and Related Links Inside CMS below:
- Background Document for State Health Policymakers (updated as of 7/15/08)
- Top Questions about Tamper-Resistant Prescriptions (updated as of 7/15/08)
- Pharmacist Fact Sheet (updated as of 7/15/08).
- State Medicaid Directors Letter (Guidance on Tamper-Resistant Prescriptions)
- Page last Modified: 04/09/2013 11:54 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins