Illinois Financial Alignment Demonstration (Medicare-Medicaid Alignment Initiative)
12/19/14 - The Illinois Medicare-Medicaid Alignment Initiative (MMAI) and Medigap Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) posted.
On February 22, 2013, the Department of Health and Human Services announced that the State of Illinois will partner with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to test a new model for providing Medicare-Medicaid enrollees with a more coordinated, person-centered care experience.
Under the demonstration, also called the "Medicare-Medicaid Alignment Initiative," Illinois and CMS will contract with health plans to coordinate the delivery of and be accountable for all covered Medicare and Medicaid services for participating Medicare-Medicaid enrollees.
February 22, 2013 - CMS and Illinois sign MOU
March 1, 2014 - Start of opt-in enrollment
June 1, 2014 - Start of passive enrollment
More information from CMS:
- Fact Sheet
- Three-Way Contract
- State Proposal
- Readiness Review Tool
- Illinois Evaluation Design Plan
Information for Plans:
- All state-specific information and guidance for plans is available on the Information and Guidance for Plans page.
Information for Beneficiaries and Providers
- Illinois Medicare-Medicaid Alignment Initiative Provider FAQs
- Illinois Medicare-Medicaid Alignment Initiative and Medigap FAQs
Information from the State of Illinois:
- Page last Modified: 12/19/2014 12:14 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins