ICD-10 MS-DRG Conversion Project
This section provides information on the project for using the General Equivalence Mappings (GEMs) to convert the draft MS-DRGs to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS. Information is also provided on undertaking a similar conversion project.
The updated draft ICD-10-CM/PCS MS-DRG V31 Definitions Manual is provided below along with the previous ICD-10 ICD-10-CM/PCS MS-DRG V30 Definitions. The text version is under the Downloads section and the HTML version is under the "Related Links Inside CMS" section in with full title formats.
The Final ICD-10 MS-DRG v32 logic which will be implemented on October 1, 2014 will be subject to rulemaking.
- Converting MS-DRGs to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS - Updated 2/25/13 with new impact article [ZIP, 612KB]
- Partial Freeze of ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 Codes [PDF, 16KB]
- ICD-10 MS-DRG Conversion Project Slides [PDF, 249KB]
- ICD-10-CM/PCS MS-DRG v31 Definitions Manual Table of Contents- Full Titles – Text Version [ZIP, 3MB]
- ICD-10 Medicare Code Editor v31 (MCE v31 to be used with v31 Definitions Manual) [ZIP, 830KB]
- ICD-10-CM/PCS MS-DRG v30 Definitions Manual and MCE [ZIP, 4MB]
- 2013 ICD-10-CM POA Exempt Code List [ZIP, 1004KB]
- General Equivalence Mappings Frequently Asked Questions Booklet (April 2013) [PDF, 2MB]
- ICD-10 MS-DRGs v30 and v31 Comparison File [ZIP, 27KB]
- Update - CMS Medicare Severity (MS) Grouper with Medicare Code Editor (MCE) ICD-10 Pilot Software (Mainframe and PC versions) (Version 31.0) - Opens in a new window
- ICD-10-CM/PCS MS-DRG v31 Definitions Manual Table of Contents - Full Titles - HTML Version - Opens in a new window
- ICD-10-CM/PCS MS-DRG v30 Definitions Manual Table of Contents – Full titles – HTML Version - Opens in a new window
- Page last Modified: 11/12/2013 10:32 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins