As HIPAA covered entities, States also must comply with use of the ICD-10 codes sets by the October 1, 2015, compliance date.
To help States implement ICD-10, CMS has developed an ICD-10 training package for State Medicaid agencies. The complete package includes 12 training segments that address Federal requirements and other aspects of ICD-10 implementation.
The training is a high-level review, intended primarily for State Medicaid managers, that focuses on assessment and planning, not the "nuts and bolts" of implementation. The 12 segments include:
- What Is ICD-10?
- Regulatory Requirements
- Benefits of Using ICD-10
- Further Movement Along the MITA Roadmap – Use of Clinical Data and Interoperability
- Effective Implementation of ICD-10
- Potential Programmatic and Technical Problems
- Impact on MITA Business Processes
- Forming the Implementation Team
- The Implementation Team that Gets It Right
- Where Are You In This Process and Timeline?
- Partner and Vendor Considerations
- Post Compliance Date Actions and Education and Training Processes
Scroll down to the Related Links Inside CMS section below and select:
- Statutes and Regulations to view the ICD-10 final rule
- ICD-10 Training Segments
- Page last Modified: 08/14/2014 3:21 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins