Coverage with Evidence Development
On July 12, 2006 CMS released a guidance document titled National Coverage Determinations with Data Collection as a Condition of Coverage: Coverage with Evidence Development (CED). This document concerns the circumstances under which CMS would issue a national coverage determination (NCD) requiring, as a condition of coverage, collection of additional patient data to supplement standard claims data.
The National Coverage Determinations (NCD) requiring CED are listed to the left. Each NCD contains information on the status of CED.
A CED cycle is considered "completed" when CMS removes a requirement for study participation as a condition of coverage for one or more indications of an item or service. For CED under an NCD, the publication of the final decision is the effective date for the close of a CED cycle performed under that NCD.
- Qs & As - Mandatory Reporting of Clinical Trial Identifier Numbers on Claims [PDF, 48KB]
- National Coverage Determinations with Data Collection as a Condition of Coverage: Coverage with Evidence Development [PDF, 82KB]
- Positron Emission Tomography (FDG) for Brain, Cervical, Ovarian, Pancreatic, Small Cell Lung, and Testicular Cancers [PDF, 89KB]
- Positron Emission Tomography (FDG) for Solid Tumors [PDF, 93KB]
- Page last Modified: 05/13/2014 7:44 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins