This page contains regulatory resource materials for current and future contracting organizations, health plans, and other parties interested in the marketing requirements of the Medicare Advantage Program, Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit Program, and Section 1876 Cost Plans.
New Regulations – Revisions to the Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Benefit Programs
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released a regulation that clarifies the payment of compensation to agents and brokers who enroll beneficiaries in Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plans. Copies of the new regulations and related documents can be downloaded from below.
Click the section that best matches your information needs. Please check back, as we will continue to update these resources regularly.
- Memo to clarify regulation on agent and broker compensation for the Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Programs, REPLACES 12/24/08 memo (January 16, 2009) [PDF, 96KB]
- Revisions to the Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Benefit Programs: Clarification of Compensation Plans CMS 4138-IFC2 [PDF, 268KB]
- 11/10/2008 Memo & attachments re: Release of CMS 4138-IFC2 and Clarification of guidance on agent/broker compensation [ZIP, 101KB]
- 10/24/2008 Special Notice on Compensation Structure Requirements [PDF, 113KB]
- 10/17/08 Memo: 2nd Group of Marketing Questions for Regulations in CMS 4131-F and CMS 4138-IFC [PDF, 182KB]
- (2008-21674_PI) Final Marketing Provisions 4131-F [PDF, 140KB]
- (2008-21686_PI) Revisions to MA & PDP - 4138-IFC [PDF, 229KB]
- Guidance for Implementation of Regulations [PDF, 187KB]
- Submission of Marketing Materials (including websites), HPMS Expected Mail Dates for the Annual Notice of Change/Evidence of Coverage and 508 Compliance (10/16/08) [PDF, 187KB]
- Page last Modified: 03/06/2012 12:07 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins