Product Categories, Items, and HCPCS
Round 1 Recompete Product Category Information
The Round 1 Recompete of the DMEPOS Competitive Bidding Program includes six product categories. Each product category is composed of multiple items and services that are identified by Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes. For the Round 1 Recompete, we are bidding additional items beyond those included in the Round 1 Rebid and Round 2 and grouping certain similar items and accessories in larger, more consolidated product categories.
The Round 1 Recompete product categories are:
- Respiratory Equipment and Related Supplies and Accessories
- includes oxygen, oxygen equipment, and supplies; continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) devices ,respiratory assist devices (RADs), and related supplies and accessories; and standard nebulizers
- Standard Mobility Equipment and Related Accessories
- includes walkers, standard power and manual wheelchairs, scooters, and related accessories
- General Home Equipment and Related Supplies and Accessories
- includes hospital beds and related accessories, group 1 and 2 support surfaces, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) devices, commode chairs, patient lifts, and seat lifts
- Enteral Nutrients, Equipment and Supplies
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Pumps and Related Supplies and Accessories
- External Infusion Pumps and Supplies
A list of the specific Round 1 Recompete items in each product category and the associated HCPCS codes is available on the Competitive Bidding Implementation Contractor (CBIC) website.
- Page last Modified: 04/17/2012 2:39 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins