The Present on Admission (POA) Indicator requirement and Hospital-Acquired Conditions (HAC) payment provision only apply to Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems (IPPS) Hospitals.
At this time, the following hospitals are exempt from the POA Indicator and HAC:
- Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs)
- Long-term Care Hospitals (LTCHs)
- Maryland Waiver Hospitals*
- Cancer Hospitals
- Children's Inpatient Facilities
- Religious Non-Medical Health Care Institutions
- Inpatient Psychiatric Hospitals
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities
- Veterans Administration/Department of Defense Hospitals
*Maryland Waiver Hospitals must report the POA indicator on all claims.
- Page last Modified: 09/29/2014 3:42 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins