- Regulation No.
- Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment - Final Rule with Comment Period and CY2013 Payment Rates
Medicare and Medicaid Programs: Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System; Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment System; Hospital Outpatient Quality Reporting Program; Electronic Health Record Incentive Program Electronic Reporting Pilot; Ambulatory Surgical Center Quality Reporting Program; Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Quality Reporting Program; Revision to Quality Improvement Organization Regulations
This final rule with comment period revises the Medicare hospital outpatient prospective payment system (OPPS) and the Medicare ambulatory surgical center (ASC) payment system for CY 2013 to implement applicable statutory requirements and changes arising from our continuing experience with these systems. In this final rule with comment period, we describe the changes to the amounts and factors used to determine the payment rates for Medicare services paid under the OPPS and those paid under the ASC payment system. In addition, this final rule with comment period updates and refines the requirements for the Hospital Outpatient Quality Reporting (OQR) Program, the ASC Quality Reporting (ASCQR) Program, and the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) Quality Reporting Program. We are revising the electronic reporting pilot for the Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program, and the various regulations governing Quality Improvement Organizations (QIOs), including the secure transmittal of electronic medical information, beneficiary complaint resolution and notification processes, and technical changes. The technical changes to the QIO regulations reflect CMS’ commitment to the general principles of the President’s Executive Order on Regulatory Reform, Executive Order 13563 (January 18, 2011).
- CMS-1589-FC (PDF Version) - Opens in a new window
- CMS-1589-FC (Text Version) - Opens in a new window
- CY2013 OPPS Addenda - Opens in a new window
- FY 2013 Wage Index Home Page
- CY2013 OPPS Facility-Specific Impacts - Opens in a new window
- CY2013 OPPS Blood Revenue Code Cost to Charge Ratios - Opens in a new window
- CY2013 Means Files - Opens in a new window
- CY2013 OPPS Cost Statistics Files - Opens in a new window
- CMS-1589-FC: Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment - Final Rule with Comment Period