- Regulation No.
- Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment- Proposed Rule
Medicare Program: Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System; Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment System; Hospital Outpatient Quality Reporting Program; Quality Reporting for Ambulatory Surgical Centers; Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities Quality Reporting Program; Revision to Quality Improvement Organization Regulations
This proposed rule would revise the Medicare hospital outpatient prospective payment system (OPPS) and the Medicare ambulatory surgical center (ASC) payment system for CY 2013 to implement applicable statutory requirements and changes arising from our continuing experience with these systems. In this proposed rule, we describe the proposed changes to the amounts and factors used to determine the payment rates for Medicare services paid under the OPPS and those paid under the ASC payment system. In addition, we are proposing updates and refinements to the requirements for the Hospital Outpatient Quality Reporting (OQR) Program, the ASC Quality Reporting Program, and the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) Quality Reporting Program. We also are proposing revisions to the Electronic Health Records (EHR) Incentive Program, and the various regulations governing Quality Improvement Organizations (QIOs), including the secure transmittal of electronic medical information, beneficiary dispute and notification processes, and technical changes.
- CMS-1589-P (PDF version) - Opens in a new window
- CMS-1589-P (Text Version) - Opens in a new window
- 2013 OPPS NPRM Geometric Mean-Median Based Payment Compare File - Opens in a new window
- 2013 OPPS NPRM Rev Code to Cost Center Crosswalk - Opens in a new window
- 2013 OPPS NPRM Cost Statistics Files - Opens in a new window
- 2013 OPPS NPRM Addenda - Opens in a new window
- 2013 OPPS NPRM Facility-Specific Impacts - Opens in a new window
- 2013 OPPS NPRM Blood Revenue Code Cost to Charge Ratios - Opens in a new window
- FY 2013 Wage Index Home Page - Opens in a new window
- Proposed Changes to the Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment System and CY 2013 Payment Rates