- Regulation No.
- Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment- Final Rule with Comment
Medicare and Medicaid Programs: Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment and Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment Systems and Quality Reporting Programs; Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program; Organ Procurement Organizations; Quality Improvement Organizations; Electronic Health Records (EHR) Incentive Program; Provider Reimbursement Determinations and Appeals
This final rule with comment period revises the Medicare hospital outpatient prospective payment system (OPPS) and the Medicare ambulatory surgical center (ASC) payment system for CY 2014 to implement applicable statutory requirements and changes arising from our continuing experience with these systems. In this final rule with comment period, we describe the changes to the amounts and factors used to determine the payment rates for Medicare services paid under the OPPS and those paid under the ASC payment system. In addition, this final rule with comment period updates and refines the requirements for the Hospital Outpatient Quality Reporting (OQR) Program, the ASC Quality Reporting (ASCQR) Program, and the Hospital Value-Based Purchasing (VBP) Program.
In the final rules in this document, we are finalizing changes to the conditions for coverage (CfCs) for organ procurement organizations (OPOs); revisions to the Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) regulations; changes to the Medicare fee-for-service Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program; and changes relating to provider reimbursement determinations and appeals.
- CMS-1601-FC (PDF) - Opens in a new window
- CY2014 OPPS Addenda - Opens in a new window
- FY 2014 Wage Index Home Page
- CY2014 OPPS Facility-Specific Impacts - Opens in a new window
- CY2014 OPPS Blood Revenue Code Cost to Charge Ratios - Opens in a new window
- CY2014 Means Files - Opens in a new window
- CY2014 OPPS Cost Statistics Files - Updated 1/16/14 - Opens in a new window
- CMS-1601-FC: Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment