Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF PPS) PC Pricer
The Balanced Budget Act (BBA) of 1997 (Public Law 105-33) mandated the implementation of a per diem prospective payment system (PPS) for skilled nursing facilities (SNFs), covering all costs (routine, ancillary, and capital) of covered SNF services furnished to beneficiaries under Part A of the Medicare program effective for cost reporting periods beginning on or after July 1, 1998.
User's Manual for the Skilled Nursing Facility PPS PC Pricer Program:
The User's Manual includes detailed instructions for the use of the PC Pricer software, including field definitions, claims entry instructions and sample screens and reports. The User's Manual is located in the Downloads section below.
The following public use data files were used in the preparation of the SNF Final and/or Proposed Rules. Due to technical corrections that may result from the software testing process, regulatory correction notices, statutory changes or web posting delays the information contained in these files is subject to change. Please check back often for updates. Files available on this page include, RUG weights and supporting data, County/MSA/CBSA crosswalk file, and Files for the Fiscal Year Software Releases. Data files specific to the wage index may be accessed on our wage index page (please see link under the "Related Links" section of the details page).
- Users Manual [ZIP, 312KB]
- FY 2006.2 - Posted 04/04/08 [ZIP, 3MB]
- FY 2007 - Posted 8/2/07 [ZIP, 4MB]
- FY 2008.2 - Posted 08/11/08 [ZIP, 2MB]
- FY 2009.0 – Posted 02/02/10 [ZIP, 2MB]
- FY 2010.2 - Posted 05/06/11 [ZIP, 2MB]
- FY 2011.0 - Posted 09/08/11 [ZIP, 2MB]
- FY 2013 SNF Main Frame Pricing Programs - Posted 12/11/2012 [ZIP, 105KB]
- Page last Modified: 04/17/2013 11:21 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins