Inpatient PPS PC Pricer
The Social Security Amendments of 1983 (Public Law 98-21) established the Prospective Payment System (PPS) for hospital inpatient services provided to Medicare beneficiaries. Under this system, a hospital is paid a fixed amount for each patient discharged in a particular treatment category or Diagnosis Related Group (DRG). This fixed amount is intended to cover the cost of treating a typical patient for a particular DRG. The PPS Pricer software, which will be released on a quarterly basis, calculates discharges from October 1 through September 30 for a given fiscal year.
Subscribe now to receive the weekly MLN Connects Provider eNews for the latest Fee-For-Service program information, event announcements, claims and pricer information, and MLN educational product updates.
- IPPS Users Manual (updated 12/30/13) [ZIP, 1MB]
- FY 2007.4 [ZIP, 2MB]
- FY 2008.6 [ZIP, 3MB]
- FY 2009.6 [ZIP, 3MB]
- FY 2010.A – (For claims from 10/01/2009 to 03/31/2010) [ZIP, 3MB]
- FY 2010.7 – (For claims from 04/01/2010 to 09/30/2010) [ZIP, 3MB]
- FY 2011.3 – (For claims from 10/01/2010 to 09/30/2011) - updated 03/22/12 [ZIP, 3MB]
- FY 2012.2 - (For claims from 10/01/2011 to 09/30/2012) - updated 08/20/12 [ZIP, 3MB]
- FY 2012.N - (For claims from 10/01/2011 to 09/30/2012) updated 10/23/13 [ZIP, 21MB]
- FY 2013.2 - (For claims from 10/01/2012 to 09/30/2013) updated 12/03/13 [ZIP, 23MB]
- FY 2014.7 - (For claims from 10/01/2013 to 09/30/2014) - updated 08/08/14 [ZIP, 21MB]
- Page last Modified: 02/21/2014 7:24 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins