Program News and Announcements
The latest news and updates about the Medicare Shared Savings Program (Shared Savings Program) and related initiatives.
- January 10, 2013—CMS announced that 106 new organizations have been selected to participate in the Shared Savings Program. The third performance period began on January 1, 2013.
- July 9, 2012—CMS announced that 87 new organizations have been selected to participate in the Shared Savings Program. The second performance period began on July 1, 2012.
- April 10, 2012—CMS announced that 27 organizations have been selected to participate in the Shared Savings Program. The first performance period began on April 1, 2012.
- November 10, 2011 – Making Good on ACOs' Promise — The Final Rule for the Medicare Shared Savings Program - Donald M. Berwick, M.D. from the New England Journal of Medicine.
- January 10, 2013 – More Doctors, Hospitals Partner to Coordinate Care for People with Medicare
- April 10, 2012 – New Affordable Care Act Program to Improve Care, Control Medicare Costs, Off to a Strong Start
- October 20, 2011 – HHS Announces New Incentives for Providers to Work Together Through Accountable Care Organizations When Caring for People with Medicare
Final Rule Fact Sheets
- Summary of Final Rule Provisions for Accountable Care Organizations under the Medicare Shared Savings Program [PDF, 1MB]
- Accountable Care Organizations: What Providers Need to Know [PDF, 1MB]
- Methodology for Determining Shared Savings and Losses under the Medicare Shared Savings Program [PDF, 1MB]
- Medicare Shared Savings Program and Rural Providers [PDF, 711KB]
- Advance Payment Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Model [PDF, 1MB]
- Improving Quality of Care for Medicare Patients: Accountable Care Organizations [PDF, 1MB]
- Assignment of Beneficiaries to Accountable Care Organizations Participating in the Medicare Shared Savings Program
- Page last Modified: 04/30/2013 11:56 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins