Beneficiary Notices Initiative (BNI)
Please Note: For Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage Notices -- see below under "Related Links Inside CMS."
Beneficiary Notices Initiative
Both Medicare beneficiaries and providers have certain rights and protections related to financial liability under the Fee-for-Service (FFS) Medicare and the Medicare Advantage (MA) Programs. These financial liability and appeal rights and protections are communicated to beneficiaries through notices given by providers.
Use the navigation tool on the left side of this page to link to the following financial liability notices and their instructions:
- FFS Advance Beneficiary Notice of Noncoverage (FFS ABN)
- FFS Home Health Change of Care Notice (FFS HHCCN)
- FFS Skilled Nursing Facility Advance Beneficiary Notice (FFS SNFABN) and SNF Denial Letters
- FFS Hospital-Issued Notices of Noncoverage (FFS HINNs)
- FFS Expedited Determination Notices for Home Health Agencies, Skilled Nursing Facility, Hospice and Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility (FFS ED Notices)
NOTE: NEW GUIDANCE IS AVAILABLE FOR THE FFS EXPEDITED DETERMINATION PROCESS. SEE "RELATED LINK" BELOW TITLED "TRANSMITTAL 2711 - EXPEDITED DET (EFF AUG 26, 2013)".
- MA Denial Notices (MA Denial Notices)
- MA Notice of Discharge and Medicare Appeal Rights (MA NODMAR)
- MA Expedited Determination Notices (MA ED Notices)
- Important Message from Medicare (IM) and Detailed Notice of Discharge (DND) (Hospital Discharge Appeal Notices)
- FFS Notice of Exclusion from Medicare Benefits - Skilled Nursing Facility (FFS NEMB SNF)
- Page last Modified: 06/26/2014 11:28 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins