Beneficiary Notices Initiative (BNI)
Please Note: For Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage Notices -- see below under "Related Links Inside CMS."
Beneficiary Notices Initiative
Both Medicare beneficiaries and providers have certain rights and protections related to financial liability under the Fee-for-Service (FFS) Medicare and the Medicare Advantage (MA) Programs. These financial liability and appeal rights and protections are communicated to beneficiaries through notices given by providers.
Use the navigation tool on the left side of this page to link to the following financial liability notices and their instructions:
- FFS Revised Advance Beneficiary Notices (FFS Revised ABN)
- FFS Home Health Advance Beneficiary Notice (FFS HHABN)
- FFS Skilled Nursing Facility Advance Beneficiary Notice (FFS SNFABN) and SNF Denial Letters
- FFS Hospital-Issued Notice of Noncoverage (FFS HINNs)
- FFS Expedited Determination Notices for Home Health Agencies, Skilled Nursing Facility, Hospice and Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility (FFS ED Notices)
NOTE: NEW GUIDANCE IS AVAILABLE FOR THE FFS EXPEDITED DETERMINATION PROCESS. SEE "RELATED LINK" BELOW TITLED "TRANSMITTAL 2711 - EXPEDITED DET (EFF AUG 26, 2013)".
- MA Denial Notices (MA Denial Notices)
- MA Notice of Discharge and Medicare Appeal Rights (MA NODMAR)
- MA Expedited Determination Notices (MA ED Notices)
- Important Message from Medicare
- FFS Notice of Exclusion from Medicare Benefits (FFS NEMB)
- FFS Notice of Exclusion from Medicare Benefits - Home Health Agency (FFS NEMB HHA)
- FFS Notice of Exclusion from Medicare Benefits - Skilled Nursing Facility (FFS NEMB SNF)
- Page last Modified: 07/22/2013 7:47 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins