Employer Group Waiver Plans (EGWPs)
This page provides important information on Employer Group Waiver Plan (EGWP) coverage under Medicare Parts C and D. Chapter 12 of the Prescription Drug Benefit Manual covers EGWPs from a Part D perspective; for comparable Part C information please consult Chapter 9 of the Managed Care Manual (MCM).
EGWPs are expected to follow all Parts C and D requirements except those that are explicitly waived. Below we provide an October 29, 2008 list of Part D waivers, as well as memos discussing additional waivers. For a list of waivers related to Part C, please see Appendix 2 to Chapter 9 of the MCM.
Please check back, as we will continue to update this page.
- Auto Delivery Memos Relating to Available EGWP Exceptions (v09.22.14) [ZIP, 264KB]
- EGWP User Call Presentation - Material and Transcript (v11.06.13) [ZIP, 1MB]
- Update on Employer Group Waiver Plan (EGWP) Supplemental Benefits and Coverage Gap Policies for 2013 and 2014 (v01.25.13) [PDF, 265KB]
- Update to Parts C and D Employer Group Waiver Plan (EGWP) Waivers - Revised (v02.23.11) [PDF, 150KB]
- Limited Waiver available to Part C and D Plans under CMS sanction to permit enrollment of Employer Group Health Plan Retirees (v02.17.09) [PDF, 45KB]
- Part D EGWP Waivers (v10.29.08) [PDF, 173KB]
- Permitting Employer/Union Sponsors to Enroll Beneficiaries in Both an “800 Series” Local MA-Only Coordinated Care Plan and an “800 Series” Standalone PDP (v07.23.07) [PDF, 81KB]
- Page last Modified: 10/09/2014 2:24 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins