Part D Employer Group Waiver Plans (EGWPs)
This page provides important information on Employer Group Waiver Plan (EGWP) prescription drug coverage under Medicare. Chapter 12 of the Prescription Drug Benefit Manual covers EGWPs from a Part D perspective; for comparable Part C information please consult Chapter 9 of the Managed Care Manual (MCM).
EGWPs are expected to follow all Part D requirements except those that are explicitly waived. Below we provide an October 29, 2008 list of waivers, as well as memos discussing additional waivers related to Part D. For a list of waivers related to Part C, please see Appendix to 2 to Chapter 9 of the MCM.
We also provide a January 25, 2013 memo on supplemental benefits and coverage gap policies, as well as materials from a presentation on EGWPs held at the 2012 Fall Part C and D Conference.
Please check back, as we will continue to update this page.
- EGWP User Call Presentation - Material and Transcript [ZIP, 1MB]
- Update on Employer Group Waiver Plan (EGWP) Supplemental Benefits and Coverage Gap Policies for 2013 and 2014 (v01.25.13) [PDF, 265KB]
- EGWP related materials from 2012 Fall Part C & D Conference (v09.05.12) [ZIP, 4MB]
- Update to Parts C and D Employer Group Waiver Plan (EGWP) Waivers - Revised (v02.23.11) [PDF, 150KB]
- Limited Waiver available to Part C and D Plans under CMS sanction to permit enrollment of Employer Group Health Plan Retirees (v02.17.09) [PDF, 45KB]
- Part D EGWP Waivers (v10.29.08) [PDF, 173KB]
- Permitting Employer/Union Sponsors to Enroll Beneficiaries in Both an “800 Series” Local MA-Only Coordinated Care Plan and an “800 Series” Standalone PDP (v07.23.07) [PDF, 81KB]
- Page last Modified: 11/06/2013 12:45 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins