Improving Drug Utilization Review Controls in Part D
Medicare Part D sponsors must manage the use of opioids in their prescription drug plans as described in the Final CY 2013 Call Letter. This section contains information to help Part D sponsors create or change their programs to address the unsafe use of opioid pain medications.
Click the selection that best matches your information needs. Please check back, as we will continue to update these resources regularly.
- HPMS Memo: Medicare Part D Overutilization Monitoring System - Updates (10/25/13) [PDF, 81KB]
- HPMS memo: Medicare Part D Overutilization Monitoring System (07/05/13) [PDF, 82KB]
- Part D Sponsor Overutilization Contact List (v. Oct 2013) [ZIP, 215KB]
- HPMS memo: Reissued - Supplemental Guidance Related to Improving Drug Utilization Review Controls in Part D(09/07/2012) [PDF, 925KB]
- Model Letters (09/07/12) [ZIP, 143KB]
- Analysis of Conditions Associated with High Opioid Use (12/20/12) [PDF, 302KB]
- CMS Opioid Conversion Table Spreadsheet (09/07/2012) [ZIP, 16KB]
- Excerpt from Final 2013 Call Letter: Improving Drug Utilization Review Controls in Part D (04/02/2012) [PDF, 98KB]
- HPMS memo, Improving Drug Utilization Review Controls in Part D (09/28/11) [PDF, 98KB]
- GAO-11-699, MEDICARE PART D - Instances of Questionable Access to Prescription Drugs [PDF, 1MB]
- Page last Modified: 11/19/2013 9:06 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins