Advance Copy of Interim Guidance - Revisions to State Operations Manual (SOM), Appendix P-Traditional Survey Protocol for
Long-Term Care (LTC) Facilities and Chapter 9/Exhibits including Survey Forms 672, 802, 802S and 802P
Revisions to Appendix P of the SOM: Survey Protocols for LTC Facilities have been revised for the Traditional Survey process
Tasks 1-5C to reflect changes for the:
- Minimum Data Set (MDS) 3.0;
- New Quality Measures (QM) Reports;
- Revised CMS forms 672 and 802, 802S and 802P; and
- Sampling and reviewing residents receiving psychopharmacological medications, specifically antipsychotic medications.
• Revisions to Chapter 9 of the SOM: Various Exhibits including survey forms have been revised to accommodate changes for
MDS 3.0 and the new QM Reports; and
• New QM Reports: Available for use in the Traditional Survey Process.