Spotlight & Announcements
3rd Quarter Question and Answer (Q+A) Document Available
A new Q+A document is available on the “Hospice Item Set (HIS)” portion of this website. This document contains frequently asked HIS-related questions received on the HelpDesk
July- September 2014.
Attention Hospice Providers!
On June 30, 2014 CMS mailed notifications to all Hospices that were determined to be out of compliance with the CMS Hospice Quality Reporting Program requirements. Any Hospice that received a notice of non-compliance had the opportunity to submit a request for reconsideration of the initial CMS determination of non-compliance, with respect to quality data submissions affecting the FY 2015 market basket update. We have completed our review of all Hospice requests for reconsideration. All notifications will be mailed by Tuesday, September 23, 2014. If your Hospice has applied for reconsideration and is expecting to receive a letter of notification, we kindly ask that you allow at least 7 days, beginning with September 23, 2014, before submitting inquiries to our help desk regarding the status of your notification. If your Hospice has applied for reconsideration and does not receive a letter of notification by Tuesday, September 30, 2014, you may contact our reconsiderations help desk for assistance. Please send your inquiries to: HospiceQRPReconsiderations@cms.hhs.gov.
Fiscal Year 2015 Reporting Cycle Data Analysis Available
A report summarizing the data analysis of Fiscal Year (FY) 2015 Reporting Cycle data is now available on the FY2014 and FY2015 Data Submission portion of this website.
2nd Quarter Question and Answer (Q+A) Document Available
A new Q+A document is available on the “Hospice Item Set (HIS)” portion of this website. This document contains frequently asked HIS-related questions received on the HelpDesk April- June 2014.
Hospice providers should not submit any HIS records for patients admitted prior to 7/1/2014 but discharged after 7/1/2014
A HIS-Admission and HIS-Discharge record are to be submitted for all patient admissions to a Medicare-certified hospice program on/after July 1, 2014. Hospices are not required to submit any HIS records for patient admissions prior to July 1, 2014, regardless of when the patient is discharged.
If a provider attempts to submit a HIS-Discharge record for patients with an admission date prior to 7/1/2014, that record will be rejected by the QIES ASAP system
Two new fact sheets available on the “Hospice Item Set (HIS)” Portion of this website.
Providers should review both fact sheets to make sure they have the most up-to-date information on HIS reporting and FY 2016 requirements for the HQRP
Important new and updated HIS-related content available for provider download
There are several new and updated HIS-related downloads and resources available for providers. Providers should review the materials listed below in preparation for HIS implementation on July 1, 2014. Available resources and materials include:
- UPDATED Version of the HIS Manual (V1.01) and relevant Change Table available on the “Hospice Item Set (HIS)” portion of this website. Providers should review V1.01 of the HIS Manual and the relevant change table to make sure they are aware of changes made from V1.00.0 to V1.01 of the HIS Manual.
- NEW Fact Sheet about Guidelines for HIS Completion Timing is available on the “Hospice Item Set (HIS)” portion of this website. This Fact Sheet replaces previous CMS guidance about updating the HIS and provides important new information.
- NEW Question and Answer (Q+A) Document is available on the “Hospice Item Set (HIS)” portion of this website. This document contains frequently asked HIS-related questions received on the HelpDesk January – March 2014.
- Registration for hospice User IDs – hospices will need 2 user IDs to submit HIS records to the QIES ASAP system. Information on where and how to register for these User IDs is available on the “HIS Technical Information” portion of this website.
- Technical training modules covering HIS registration and submission processes including submission of files to QIES ASAP and using the HART software - Providers can find more information about these training modules on the “HIS Technical Information” portion of this website.
The online registration applications for the CMSNet User ID and the QIES User ID are now available. Details about applications can be found on the HIS Technical Information portion of this website.
- Page last Modified: 10/22/2014 3:42 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins