Call for Measures
As a part of its measure development process, CMS may request interested parties to submit candidate measures that may be suitable for a specific project. The candidate measures suggested will be reviewed by CMS and its measure development contractor(s). Candidate measures suggested through a call for candidate measures will undergo the same rigorous evaluation as all CMS measures.
The CMS measures development process consists of the following steps:
- Identifying important quality goals related to Medicare services
- Conducting literature reviews and grading evidence
- Defining and developing specifications for each quality measure
- Obtaining evaluation of proposed measures by technical expert panels
- Soliciting public comment on proposed measures
- Testing measures for validity, reliability, ease, and accuracy of collection
- Refining measures as needed
Call for Measures Postings:
There are no calls for candidate measures at this time.
- Page last Modified: 06/22/2015 4:09 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins