CMS-Certified Survey Vendor
A CMS-certified survey vendor is a new reporting mechanism that began in 2014 and is available to group practices participating in the PQRS Group Practice Reporting Option (GPRO). This reporting mechanism is available to group practices of 2 or more eligible professionals (EPs) wishing to supplement their 2015 PQRS reporting with the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) survey.
What is CAHPS for PQRS?
The CMS-certified survey vendor reporting mechanism is available to all PQRS group practices to supplement their PQRS reporting with the CAHPS for PQRS surveys. CAHPS for PQRS are patient experience surveys that measure experiences with, and ratings of, health care providers and plans. The data collected on these surveys will be submitted on behalf of the group practice by the CMS-certified survey vendor.
For the 2015 program year, the group practice is responsible for selecting and paying a survey vendor to implement the CAHPS for PQRS survey on behalf of the group . The results will subsequently be posted on the CMS Physician Compare website.
Although required for group practices of 100 or more EPs, this is an extra and companion reporting option for groups with 2-99 EPs and for EHR and registry reporting. CMS will NOT bear the cost of administering CAHPS for PQRS for the 2015 program year
- The CAHPS for PQRS survey is available to group practices that register to take part in the GPRO. Group practices must register to take part in PQRS GPRO by June 30, 2015. Registration must be completed online through the Physician Value-Physician Quality Reporting System (PV-PQRS) Registration System. During registration, group practices must indicate their reporting method as well as CAHPS for PQRS participation.
- Again for program year 2015, ALL group practices of 100 or more EPs must report the CAHPS for PQRS survey; however, this is an extra and companion reporting option for groups with 2-99 EPs and for EHR and registry reporting.
- New for program year 2015, Group practices will be responsible for selecting and paying a CMS-certified survey vendor to implement the survey on behalf of the group. CMS will no longer bear this cost.
- The CMS-certified survey vendor will administer and collect 12 summary survey modules on behalf of the group practice’s patients. These results may be posted on the CMS Physician Compare website.
If reporting for PQRS through another CMS program (such as the Medicare Shared Savings Program, Comprehensive Primary Care Initiative, Pioneer Accountable Care Organizations), please check the program’s requirements for information on how to report quality data to avoid the PQRS negative payment adjustment.
For more information, please visit the CAHPS® for PQRS survey web site at: http://www.pqrscahps.org/
2015 CMS-certified Survey Vendor Made Simple
The 2015 CMS-certified Survey Vendor Made Simple document outlines the necessary criteria for using the CAHPS for PQRS survey.
2015 CAHPS for PQRS Survey
The 2015 CAHPS for PQRS Survey includes the core questions contained in the CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey (Version 2.0), plus additional questions to measure access to and use of specialist care, experience with care coordination, patient involvement in decision-making, experiences with a health care team, health promotion and patient education, patient functional status, and general health.
- Page last Modified: 05/20/2015 1:43 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins