CMS Quality Strategy
About the CMS Quality Strategy
Driving quality improvement is a core function of CMS. This commitment is particularly evident as CMS enhances its partnerships with a delivery system in which providers are supported in achieving better outcomes in health and healthcare, at lower cost, for the beneficiaries and communities they serve.
The vision for the CMS Quality Strategy is to optimize health outcomes by leading clinical quality improvement and health system transformation.
The CMS Quality Strategy is built on the foundation of the CMS Strategy, and the HHS National Quality Strategy (NQS). Like the NQS, the CMS Quality Strategy was developed through a participatory, transparent, and collaborative process that included the input of a wide array of stakeholders. For more than a year, a group of leaders from across CMS met and developed the strategy. This group also sought out advice and input from other HHS agencies, the community, and CMS beneficiaries to inform their efforts.
The CMS Quality Strategy pursues and aligns with the three broad aims of the National Quality Strategy and its six priorities. Each of these priorities has become a goal in the CMS Quality Strategy. Four foundational principles guide the Agency’s action toward each of these goals. This document identifies quality-focused objectives that CMS can drive or enable to further these goals. Quality interventions are inherently interrelated, thus many goals include concepts that could be articulated under more than one goal. As we organized and structured objectives, we sought to put them in the place that captures where the primary driver of change occurs.
Please send your feedback and responses to Quality_Strategy@cms.hhs.gov.
- CMS Strategy Goal Card [PDF, 521KB]
- CMS Quality Strategy Goals - Poster [PDF, 996KB]
- CMS Quality Strategy Goals - Poster (Spanish Version) [PDF, 1020KB]
- CMS Quality Strategy Goals [PDF, 211KB]
- CMS Quality Strategy Goals (Spanish Version) [PDF, 313KB]
- CMS Quality Strategy [PDF, 938KB]
- Slides for CMS Grand Rounds on CMS Quality Strategy held on 06-02-2014 [PDF, 2MB]
- Page last Modified: 06/13/2014 9:24 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins