Affordable Care Act
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Affordable Care Act) contains numerous provisions of importance to American Indians/Alaska Natives. CMS seeks to keep Indian Country informed on the important improvements to health care relevant to CMS programs in Indian Country such as Medicaid expansion and Indian-specific Medicare charges.
If you are an American Indian or an Alaska Native you may have new health insurance benefits and special protections in the Marketplace. Some benefits are available to members of federally recognized tribes. Others are available to people of Indian descent or who are otherwise eligible for services from the Indian Health Service, tribal program, or urban Indian health program.
For Marketplace Indian specific information go to https://www.healthcare.gov/tribal
- Marketplace Indian Specific Questions 102714 [PDF, 4MB]
- Health Care Reform: Tracking Tribal, Federal and State Implementation [PDF, 1MB]
- CMS All Tribes Calls on Affordable Care Act Implementation [PDF, 257KB]
- Summary of All Tribes Call on ACA - July 15. 2011 [ZIP, 83KB]
- Summary of All Tribes Call on ACA - June 17, 2011 [PDF, 8KB]
- Page last Modified: 02/20/2015 9:33 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins