CMS Division of Tribal Affairs
Webinars & All Tribes Calls
SAVE THE DATES
Long Term Supports and Services
Technical Assistance Center
Date: Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Time: 2:00 to 3:00PM, EDT
Sarah Peterson, Content Designer, Kauffman & Associates, Inc.
Blake Harper, Project Manager, Kauffman & Associates, Inc.
To Join the webinar:
1. Go to the Adobe Connect webinar.
2. Select "Enter as a Guest."
3. Type in your first and last name.
4. Click "Enter Room."
5. For audio, call 1-888-757-2790.
6. Enter 177695 and then press #.
To learn more about the Long Term Supports and Services visit: http://go.cms.gov/AIAN-LongTermCare
All Tribes Calls
Date: Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Time: 1:00 to 2:00PM, EDT
Participant Code: 124778
The purpose of this ALL TRIBES’ CALL is for CMS staff to obtain advice and input on an Interim Final Rule on the Affordable Care Act: Third Party Payment of Qualified Health Plan Premiums. Effective March 14, 2014, this Interim Final Rule , with comment, requires issuers to immediately begin accepting third party payments for enrollee premiums and cost sharing from Indian tribes, tribal organizations, urban Indian organizations, the Ryan White HIV/AIDS programs, and state and federal government programs for enrollees in the individual Marketplaces. This rule builds on previous guidance CMS issued that encouraged issuers and Marketplaces to accept these payments. Comments are due May 13, 2014 per instructions in the Interim Final Rule found at http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2014-03-19/html/2014-06031.htm
Date: Wednesday, May 7, 2014
Time: 1:00 to 2:30PM, EDT
Participant Code: 191937
The purpose of this ALL TRIBES’ CALL is for CMS staff to obtain advice and input regarding the Medicaid managed care protections found in Section 5006(d) of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA). This section added a new section 1932(h) to the Medicaid statute and section 2107(e)(1)(J) to the CHIP statute, which will apply consistent rules governing the treatment of Indians, Indian health care providers–I/T/Us, and Indian Managed Care Entities (IMCEs) in a State Medicaid or CHIP managed care program. CMS issued a State Medicaid Director letter on January 22, 2010 that explains 5006(d) in more detail. The letter can be found at: http://downloads.cms.gov/cmsgov/archived-downloads/SMDL/downloads/SMD10001.PDF
- Tribal Affairs Central & Regional NAC Staff December 2013 [PDF, 233KB]
- DTLL-2015-Health-Insurance-2-4-14 [PDF, 64KB]
- Navigator DTTL 4_10_2013 [PDF, 36KB]
- DTLL Tribal Consultation 022113 [PDF, 150KB]
- Tribal Leader Letter 12/5/12 [PDF, 89KB]
- ITU Addendum Tribal Leader Letter [PDF, 1MB]
- Medicare Part D ITU addendum [PDF, 741KB]
- CMS ICD-10 Industry Email Updates
- Indian Health Service - Opens in a new window
- Administration On Aging (AoA) - Opens in a new window
- ACF Administration For Native Americans - Opens in a new window
- DHHS Intergovernmental Affairs - Tribal Affairs - Opens in a new window
- Health Finder.gov - Opens in a new window
- National Congress Of American Indians - Opens in a new window
- National Indian Council On Aging - Opens in a new window
- National Indian Health Board - Opens in a new window
- Office of Tribal Justice - Opens in a new window
- Urban Indian Health - Opens in a new window
- Page last Modified: 04/21/2014 10:49 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins