***CMS Tribal Affairs Webinar***
Medicare Part D Open Enrollment
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Tribal Affairs and the Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services (CMCS) hosted a webinar on Medicare Part D Open Enrollment on Friday, November 22, 2013.
Medicare Open Enrollment for 2014 began October 15, 2013 and will end on December 7, 2013. Open Enrollment is when all people with Medicare can change their current plan. Plans and coverage costs change each year so it is helpful for anyone with Medicare to check each year to see if there is plan another plan available with lower costs and better coverage to meet their needs.
To obtain further information on how the change or enroll into a Medicare Part D plan please visit the Medicare website at: http://www.medicare.gov/
***CMS ALL TRIBES CALL***
Basic Health Plan
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Tribal Affairs and the Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services (CMCS) hosted an All Tribes Call on Thursday, November 7, 2013 on the Basic Health Program (BHP).
The BHP will provide states with the option to establish a health benefits coverage program for low-income individuals who would otherwise be eligible to purchase coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace. The proposed rule is intended to enable states to implement programs effective on or after January 1, 2015.
To obtain further information, please access the Basic Health Program proposed rule that was published in the Federal Register on September 25, 2013 at: http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=CMS-2013-0204-0001
- CMS ICD-10 Industry Email Updates
- Indian Health Service - Opens in a new window
- Administration On Aging (AoA) - Opens in a new window
- ACF Administration For Native Americans - Opens in a new window
- DHHS Intergovernmental Affairs - Tribal Affairs - Opens in a new window
- Health Finder.gov - Opens in a new window
- National Congress Of American Indians - Opens in a new window
- National Indian Council On Aging - Opens in a new window
- National Indian Health Board - Opens in a new window
- Office of Tribal Justice - Opens in a new window
- Urban Indian Health - Opens in a new window
- Page last Modified: 12/11/2013 10:54 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins