CMS Division of Tribal Affairs
Important Information for our Tribal partners
SAVE THE DATE
American Indians & Alaska Natives in the Marketplace
Wednesday, November 5, 2014 from 1:00 – 2:00 pm ET.
Call-In Number: 855-897-8197 Webinar link: http://www.cmsitutrainings.net/
This webinar will provide an overview of the Health Insurance Marketplace, highlight updates and changes for the upcoming open enrollment period – beginning November 15. .The webinar will specifically focus on American Indian & Alaska Native provisions in the Marketplace, Medicaid and CHIP that will help increase enrollment in these programs. CMS subject matter experts will be available to answer your questions.
To obtain further information on special protections for AI/ANs in the Marketplace visit: http://www.healthcare.gov/tribal
Instructions to join the webinar
- Go to the website www.cmsitutrainings.net
- Enter your email address, First and Last names in the dialog box
- Next click on “Continue” near the bottom of the box. You will be redirected to a CMS ITU page that will generate an email to you.
- Follow instructions in the email to join the webinar from the CMS ITU Trainings Center.
- Click on today’s webinar from the list of webinars.
NEW Resource: Information and Tips for Assisters: Working with American Indians/Alaska Natives (AI/AN)
We posted a new resource to our Technical Assistance Resources page. Information and Tips for Assisters: Working with American Indians/Alaska Natives provides background information about existing and new options for AI/ANs related to affordable health coverage. The Marketplace provides certain protections specifically for AI/ANs. The tip sheet highlights these protections, how assisters can help AI/ANs submit their documentation to support Marketplace applications, and other resources.
A new question and answer (Q&A) regarding the Special Enrollment Period for American Indian and Alaska Native families has been posted on healthcare.gov/tribal
The Q&A explains that for those families that apply through the Federal-facilitated Marketplace, if one family member on the application is eligible for the Special Enrollment Period (SEP), all family members who apply on the same Marketplace application would be eligible for the SEP if otherwise eligible to enroll in a QHP. The Q&A explains that for those who enroll in a state based marketplace, you will need to contact your state regarding whether this policy applies.
To read the Q&A, please visit healthcare.gov/tribal or
- DTLL Tribal Consultation 022113 [PDF, 150KB]
- DTLL Tribal Consultation Policy Review 8.2.14 [PDF, 250KB]
- Tribal Affairs Central & Regional NAC Staff [PDF, 167KB]
- DTLL-2015-Health-Insurance-2-4-14 [PDF, 64KB]
- Navigator DTTL 4_10_2013 [PDF, 36KB]
- ITU Addendum Tribal Leader Letter [PDF, 1MB]
- Tribal Leader Letter 12/5/12 [PDF, 89KB]
- Medicare Part D ITU addendum [PDF, 741KB]
- CMS ICD-10 Industry Email Updates
- Indian Health Service - Opens in a new window
- Administration On Aging (AoA) - Opens in a new window
- ACF Administration For Native Americans - Opens in a new window
- DHHS Intergovernmental Affairs - Tribal Affairs - Opens in a new window
- Health Finder.gov - Opens in a new window
- National Congress Of American Indians - Opens in a new window
- National Indian Council On Aging - Opens in a new window
- National Indian Health Board - Opens in a new window
- Office of Tribal Justice - Opens in a new window
- Urban Indian Health - Opens in a new window
- Page last Modified: 11/21/2014 8:10 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins