MLN Matters Articles
Welcome to the Medicare Learning Network® MLN Matters® Articles Overview page. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is committed to partnering with the Medicare physician, provider, and supplier communities to ensure that Medicare beneficiaries receive all of the health care services to which they are entitled.
CMS helps the Medicare Fee-For-Service (FFS) community provide the best services to Medicare beneficiaries by ensuring that health care professionals have immediate access to Medicare coverage and reimbursement rules in a brief, accurate, and easy-to-understand format. To help meet this goal, CMS has developed MLN Matters Articles.
What is MLN Matters?
MLN Matters® are national articles designed to inform Medicare FFS providers about the latest changes to the Medicare Program. Articles are prepared in consultation with clinicians, billing experts, and CMS subject matter experts. They are tailored, by content and language, to specific provider type(s) who are affected by complex Medicare changes. MLN Matters® Articles help explain critical provider information in an effort to reduce the amount of time it takes providers to incorporate these changes into their Medicare-related business functions. Since 2004, CMS has issued over 4,700 articles.
The MLN Matters® electronic mailing list sends notification via e-mail when new and updated MLN Matters Articles are released. To subscribe and learn more about this service, go to the 'Downloads' section at the bottom of this page and click on "How To Sign Up For MLN Matters."
How Does It Work?
There are two different ways to search for MLN Matters Articles:
- To search by common keywords and phrases, go to the "Downloads" section, and select an MLN Matters® Articles Index. Go to the top of the index page and use the "Find" feature to search for a specific topic or keyword. Once you find the desired topic or keyword, click on the article link.
- To search by year, go to the left-hand column of this page and select a year. Click the link to the Transmittal page. From there, use the “Filter On” feature to search by keyword or subject.
If you would like to contact the MLN, please e-mail us at MLN@cms.hhs.gov.
- 2013 MLN Matters® Articles Index thru March 2013 [PDF, 760KB]
- 2012 MLN Matters® Articles Index thru December 2012 [PDF, 1MB]
- 2004-2013 MLN Matters® Article Index thru March 2013 [PDF, 13MB]
- How To Sign Up For MLN Matters® [PDF, 200KB]
- CMS Electronic Mailing Lists: Keeping Medicare Fee-For-Service (FFS) Providers Informed [PDF, 405KB]
- Page last Modified: 04/23/2013 11:54 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins