MLN Provider Compliance
The Medicare Learning Network® (MLN) Provider Compliance page contains educational products that inform health care professionals on how to avoid common billing errors and other improper activities when dealing with various CMS Programs. CMS’ claim review program’s overall goal is to reduce improper payment error by identifying and addressing coverage and coding billing errors. Since 1996, CMS has implemented several initiatives: to prevent improper payments before a claim is processed; and to identify, and recoup improper payments after the claim is processed.
The Downloads section contains MLN products, MLN Matters® Articles, and the “Archive of Medicare Quarterly Provider Compliance Newsletters” which have been designed to provide education on common billing errors and other improper activities. These lists, as well as other information in the Downloads and Related Links section, are updated as new products and articles are developed and existing products and articles are revised.
If you would like to contact the MLN, please email us at MLN@cms.hhs.gov.
- Medicaid Program Integrity: Safeguarding Your Medical Identity Educational Products [PDF, 193KB]
- Medicare Parts C and D Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Training and Medicare Parts C and D General Compliance Training [ZIP, 2MB]
- Medicare Fraud & Abuse: Prevention, Detection, and Reporting Fact Sheet [PDF, 1MB]
- Provider Compliance Educational Products [PDF, 217KB]
- Fraud and Abuse Educational Products [PDF, 175KB]
- Provider Compliance MLN Matters® Articles [PDF, 168KB]
- Archive of Medicare Quarterly Provider Compliance Newsletters [PDF, 420KB]
- MLN Catalog [PDF, 8MB]
- How To Sign Up For MLN Educational Products Electronic Mailing List [PDF, 172KB]
- How To Sign Up For MLN Matters® [PDF, 200KB]
- CMS Electronic Mailing Lists: Keeping Health Care Professionals Informed [PDF, 587KB]
- Page last Modified: 02/03/2015 10:58 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins