- Implementation of Section 3133 of the Affordable Care Act: Improvement to Medicare Disproportionate Share Hospital Payments National Provider Call
- Disproportionate Share Hospital Payments
This presentation reviews the Medicare Disproportionate Share Hospital (DSH) payment methodology under Section 3133 of the Affordable Care Act, which is effective in fiscal year 2014. CMS commissioned Dobson DaVanzo & Associates, LLC and KNG Health Consulting, LLC to provide technical assistance. They present findings of their analyses identifying possible data sources and definitions for measuring the change in uninsured and uncompensated care. Participants have an opportunity to provide comments.
When: Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Time: 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM Eastern Time
Target Audience: All Medicare Fee-For-Service Providers
- Review of Section 3133
- Analytic Methods
- Uninsured Definitions and Data Sources
- Uncompensated Care Definitions and Data Sources
- Next Steps
- Discussion: Public Comments
Al Dobson, Ph.D., Dobson DaVanzo & Associates, LLC
Lane Koenig, Ph.D., KNG Health Consulting, LLC
To register for a National Provider Call, please visit the CMS Upcoming National Provider Calls webpage.