- More ICD-10 Coding Basics
HHS expects to release an interim final rule in the near future that will include a new compliance date that would require the use of ICD-10 beginning October 1, 2015. Providers would have an extra year to prepare. During this MLN Connects™ National Provider Call, join us for a keynote presentation on more ICD-10 coding basics by Sue Bowman from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), along with updates from CMS. A question and answer session will follow the presentation.
When: Wednesday, June 4, 2014
Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern Time
Target Audience: Medical coders, physicians, physician office staff, nurses and other non-physician practitioners, provider billing staff, health records staff, vendors, educators, system maintainers, laboratories, and all Medicare providers
- CMS updates, including the partial code freeze and 2015 code updates
- Why ICD-9-CM is being replaced with ICD-10-CM
- Benefits of ICD-10-CM
- Similarities and differences from ICD-9-CM
- Coding: Process of assigning a diagnosis code, 7th character, placeholder "x,” excludes notes, unspecified codes, external cause of injury codes, type of encounter
- Documentation tips
- How to obtain answers to coding questions
- How to request modifications to ICD-10-CM
Slide Presentation [PDF, 888KB]
To register for an MLN Connects National Provider Call, please visit the CMS MLN Connects Upcoming Calls registration website.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- If you need additional assistance with registration, please email us at email@example.com.
- To request TTY services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3 business days before the event.
For More Information:
For more information, please visit the ICD-10 website.