Special Open Door Forums
When a Special Open Door Forum (ODF) is scheduled, please refer to the "Downloads" section below for the Special ODF details and RSVP information. Approximately one week after the Special ODF has passed, the announcement, transcript and MP3 audio file will be posted under the "Downloads" section in one Download link for 30 days. They will no longer be separate files.
CMS has Special Forums throughout the year, to independently discuss new and important program topics.
**Updated January 28, 2014 - Special Open Door Forum (ODF): Final Rule CMS-1599-F: Discussion of the Hospital Inpatient Admission Order and Certification; 2 Midnight Benchmark for Inpatient Hospital Admissions, scheduled for Tuesday, February 4, 2014; 1:00-2:00 PM Eastern Time. This call will be conference call only. This will be a follow-up call to allow hospitals, practitioners, and other interested parties to ask questions on the physician order and physician certification, inpatient hospital admission and medical review criteria that were released on August 2, 2013 in the FY 2014 Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS)/Long-Term Care Hospital (LTCH) final rule (CMS-1599-F).
Additional information on the inpatient hospital admissions policy can be found at go.cms.gov/InpatientHospitalReview. Additional information relating to the order and certification provisions may be located on the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Hospital Center webpage. Feedback and questions on the two midnight provision for admission and medical review can be sent to IPPSAdmissions@cms.hhs.gov. This topic was recently discussed, and training materials provided, during a Medicare Learning Network National Provider Call on January 14, 2014.
If you wish to participate, dial: (877) 251-0301 & Conference ID: 47736519
We look forward to your participation. Please see the Downloads section below for the full call announcement. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
- Tuesday, February 4, 2014 - Announcement - Final Rule CMS-1599-F: Discussion of the Hospital Inpatient Admission Order and Certification; 2 Midnight Benchmark for Inpatient Hospital Admissions, Special Open Door Forum (SODF) [PDF, 24KB]
- Thursday, December 19, 2013 – Transcript & Audio File (Zip File) - Final Rule CMS-1599-F: Discussion of the Hospital Inpatient Admission Order and Certification; 2 Midnight Benchmark for Inpatient Hospital Admissions, Special Open Door Forum (SODF) [ZIP, 13MB]
- Friday, November 22, 2013 – Transcript & Audio File (Zip File) - Discussion of the Medicare Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIG) Demonstration, Special Open Door Forum (SODF) [ZIP, 20MB]
- CMS Survey and Certification Group Training Site - Opens in a new window
- Government Printing Office Federal Register - Opens in a new window
- All Open Door Forum Mailing List Sign-Up (Receive notices for all ODFs) - Opens in a new window
- Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA) of 1995
- MLN Matters Articles
- Page last Modified: 03/05/2014 11:48 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins