Special Open Door Forums
When a Special Open Door Forum (ODF) is scheduled, please refer to the "Downloads" section below for the Special ODF details and RSVP information. Approximately one week after the Special ODF has passed, the announcement, transcript and MP3 audio file will be posted under the "Downloads" section in one Download link for 30 days. They will no longer be separate files.
CMS has Special Forums throughout the year, to independently discuss new and important program topics.
**Updated September 10, 2014 - Special Open Door Forum (ODF): Prior Authorization of Repetitive Scheduled Non-Emergent Ambulance Transport, Monday, September 15, 2014 from 1:00pm - 2:00pm Eastern Time. This call to allow ambulance suppliers, other Medicare providers, and additional interested parties to learn about the upcoming Prior Authorization of Repetitive Scheduled Non-Emergent Ambulance Transport model in the states of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina. This Special ODF, the second on this prior authorization model, will include updated information and a Q&A period. The purpose of this model is to test whether prior authorization helps reduce expenditures, while maintaining or improving quality of care. You can find more information on the model by going to: http://go.cms.gov/PAAmbulance. Questions on the model can be sent to: AmbulancePA@cms.hhs.gov. This call will be conference call only. If you wish to participate, dial: 1-800-837-1935 & Conference ID: 97298639. We look forward to your participation. Please see the Downloads section below for the full call announcement. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
- Monday, September 15, 2014 – Prior Authorization of Repetitive Scheduled Non-Emergent Ambulance Transport, Special Open Door Forum (SODF) [PDF, 22KB]
- Tuesday, August 12, 2014 - Transcript & Audio File (Zip File) - Medicare's Expanded Prior Authorization for Power Mobility Devices Demonstration, Special Open Door Forum (SODF) [ZIP, 4MB]
- Tuesday, August 5, 2014 - Transcript & Audio File (Zip File) - Prior Authorization of Repetitive Scheduled Non-Emergent Ambulance Transport, Special Open Door Forum (SODF) [ZIP, 11MB]
- CMS Survey and Certification Group Training Site - Opens in a new window
- Government Printing Office Federal Register - Opens in a new window
- All Open Door Forum Mailing List Sign-Up (Receive notices for all ODFs) - Opens in a new window
- Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA) of 1995
- MLN Matters Articles
- Page last Modified: 09/10/2014 4:46 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins