Hospitals Open Door Forum
The Hospital & Hospital Quality Open Door Forum (ODF) addresses the concerns and questions of the Hospital service setting. The very broad scope of topics discussed within this forum, include payment, coverage, conditions of participation, billing and many other current issues that are related to policy implementation. The Inpatient PPS, Outpatient PPS, provisions of the Affordable Care Act and other laws that affect the setting are all covered, and a recurring update from the areas of the Hospital Quality Initiative including the Hospital CAHPS initiative. Timely announcements and clarifications regarding important rulemaking, agency program initiatives and other related areas are also included in the forums.
**Updated January 28, 2014 - Special Open Door Forum (ODF): Final Rule CMS-1599-F: Discussion of the Hospital Inpatient Admission Order and Certification; 2 Midnight Benchmark for Inpatient Hospital Admissions, scheduled for Tuesday, February 4, 2014; 1:00-2:00 PM Eastern Time. This call will be conference call only. This will be a follow-up call to allow hospitals, practitioners, and other interested parties to ask questions on the physician order and physician certification, inpatient hospital admission and medical review criteria that were released on August 2, 2013 in the FY 2014 Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS)/Long-Term Care Hospital (LTCH) final rule (CMS-1599-F).
Additional information on the inpatient hospital admissions policy can be found at go.cms.gov/InpatientHospitalReview. Additional information relating to the order and certification provisions may be located on the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Hospital Center webpage. Feedback and questions on the two midnight provision for admission and medical review can be sent to IPPSAdmissions@cms.hhs.gov. This topic was recently discussed, and training materials provided, during a Medicare Learning Network National Provider Call on January 14, 2014.
If you wish to participate, dial: (877) 251-0301 & Conference ID: 47736519
We look forward to your participation. Please see the Downloads section below for the full call announcement. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
**Update January 27, 2014- The proposed agenda for the next Hospital Quality Open Door Forum is scheduled for Wednesday, February 5, 2014 from 2:00pm-3:00pmET is as follows: Medicare Open Enrollment; Wage Index Time Table Update; National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing Homes. This agenda is subject to change. If you wish to participate, dial 1-800-837-1935 Conference ID 50719305. Please see the full participation announcement in the Downloads section below. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
- Wednesday, February 5, 2014 - Agenda - Hospital/Quality Initiative Open Door Forum (ODF) [PDF, 26KB]
- Tuesday, February 4, 2014 - Announcement - Final Rule CMS-1599-F: Discussion of the Hospital Inpatient Admission Order and Certification; 2 Midnight Benchmark for Inpatient Hospital Admissions, Special Open Door Forum (SODF) [PDF, 24KB]
- Friday, November 15- Conference Call Notice: Streamlined Access to PECOS, EHR, and NPPES [PDF, 53KB]
- Hospital & Hospital Quality Open Door Forum Mailing List Sign-Up - Opens in a new window
- Government Printing Office Federal Register - Opens in a new window
- PEPPER Resources - Opens in a new window
- HHS Indian Health Service Medicare-Like Rates Information - Opens in a new window
- QualityNet - Opens in a new window
- CDC, NCHS- ICD-9 Diagnosis Information - Opens in a new window
- HHS Hospital Compare Website - Opens in a new window
- Hospital Center
- Hospital Quality Initiative
- Hospital Outpatient PPS
- Hospital-Acquired Conditions (Present on Admission Indicator)
- Hospital Discharge Appeal Notices
- Page last Modified: 01/28/2014 2:56 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins