Low-Income Health Access Open Door Forum
The Low Income Health Access Open Door Forum (ODF) addresses the concerns of the beneficiary advocates, providers, and information intermediaries throughout the country interested in improving access to Medicare and Medicaid for lower income Americans. Generally, CMS addresses are new guidance or initiatives in programs for people with low-incomes, such as the Medicaid and SCHIP programs. Also, CMS provides information on the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit, as well as the low-income subsidy. Services settings such as Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), Community Health Centers (CHCs) and 340(b) Hospitals and other providers are also often discussed. CMS co-hosts this forum with the Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA). Timely announcements and clarifications regarding important rulemaking, agency program initiatives, and other related areas impacting the lower income beneficiaries are also included in the Forums.
**Updated: April 23, 2015 - Special Open Door Forum (ODF): All About Home Health Patient Survey (HHCAHPS) Star Ratings, Thursday, May 7, 2015 from 1:30pm – 2:30pm Eastern Time. The purpose of this second SODF call is about a new set of Star Ratings for the CMS Home Health Compare website. This SODF will describe the rationale and overview of the HHCAHPS Patient Survey Star Ratings. It will give a detailed description of the methods for calculating the ratings and assigning stars. CMS plans to publicly report the (HHCAHPS) Patient Survey Star Ratings on Home Health Compare on www.medicare.gov starting in January 2016. The Patient Survey Star Ratings are in addition to the Quality of Patient Care Star Ratings which will start in July 2015. This is your opportunity to learn more about how CMS plans to use Home Health CAHPS survey results to create Patient Survey Star Ratings for the Home Health Compare website. This SODF will have a question and answer session.
The PowerPoint Slides that will be used for this SODF is: Technical Paper: http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/HomeHealthQualityInits/HHQIHomeHealthStarRatings.html. And the FAQs can be found at: https://homehealthcahps.org. If you wish to participate, dial: 1-800-603-1774 & Conference ID: 96436960. We look forward to your participation. Please see the Downloads section below for the full call announcement. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
- Low Income Health Access Open Door Forum Mailing List Sign-Up - Opens in a new window
- Assuring Access to Community Living for the Disabled Fact Sheet - Opens in a new window
- Government Printing Office Federal Register - Opens in a new window
- HRSA Patient Safety & Clinical Pharmacy Services Collaborative (added 03/25/10) - Opens in a new window
- HRSAs FY 2009 Grant Opportunities in the Health Center Program (added 12/12/08) - Opens in a new window
- HRSAs General Health Center Program Information (added 12/12/08) - Opens in a new window
- School Health Program - Opens in a new window
- National Assembly On School-Based Health Care - Opens in a new window
- CMS Survey and Certification Group Training Site - Opens in a new window
- Page last Modified: 04/23/2015 10:58 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins