Low-Income Health Access Open Door Forum
The Low Income Health Access Open Door Forum (ODF) addresses the concerns of the beneficiary advocates, providers, and information intermediaries throughout the country interested in improving access to Medicare and Medicaid for lower income Americans. Generally, CMS addresses are new guidance or initiatives in programs for people with low-incomes, such as the Medicaid and SCHIP programs. Also, CMS provides information on the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit, as well as the low-income subsidy. Services settings such as Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), Community Health Centers (CHCs) and 340(b) Hospitals and other providers are also often discussed. CMS co-hosts this forum with the Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA). Timely announcements and clarifications regarding important rulemaking, agency program initiatives, and other related areas impacting the lower income beneficiaries are also included in the Forums.
**Updated April 15, 2014- Special Open Door Forum (ODF): Comprehensive ESRD Care Initiative, Request for Application (RFA) for Thursday, April 24, 2014 2:00pm - 3:30pm Eastern Time. This call will be conference call only. Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI), will host this Special Open Door Forum (ODF) to allow dialysis facilities, nephrologists, other Medicare providers of services, suppliers, and other interested parties to ask questions on the revisions to the Request for Application (RFA) for the Comprehensive ESRD Care Initiative that was released on April 15, 2014. The purpose of the Comprehensive ESRD Care (CEC) Initiative is to improve outcomes for Medicare beneficiaries with end-stage renal disease (ESRD) and reduce total per capita expenditures by creating financial incentives for dialysis facilities, nephrologists, and other Medicare providers of services and suppliers to collaboratively and comprehensively address the extensive needs of the complex ESRD beneficiary population. You can find the RFA by going to: http://innovation.cms.gov/initiatives/comprehensive-ESRD-care/. For frequently asked questions, please visit: http://innovation.cms.gov/initiatives/comprehensive-ESRD-care/. Feedback and questions on the revisions to the Request for Application (RFA) for the Comprehensive ESRD Care Initiative review can be sent to: ESRD-CMMI@cms.hhs.gov If you wish to participate, dial: 1-(800) 837-1935 & Conference ID: 3416531. We look forward to your participation. Please see the Downloads section below for the full call announcement. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
- Low Income Health Access Open Door Forum Mailing List Sign-Up - Opens in a new window
- Assuring Access to Community Living for the Disabled Fact Sheet - Opens in a new window
- Government Printing Office Federal Register - Opens in a new window
- HRSA Patient Safety & Clinical Pharmacy Services Collaborative (added 03/25/10) - Opens in a new window
- HRSAs FY 2009 Grant Opportunities in the Health Center Program (added 12/12/08) - Opens in a new window
- HRSAs General Health Center Program Information (added 12/12/08) - Opens in a new window
- School Health Program - Opens in a new window
- National Assembly On School-Based Health Care - Opens in a new window
- CMS Survey and Certification Group Training Site - Opens in a new window
- Page last Modified: 04/15/2014 2:26 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins