Low-Income Health Access Open Door Forum
The Low Income Health Access Open Door Forum (ODF) addresses the concerns of the beneficiary advocates, providers, and information intermediaries throughout the country interested in improving access to Medicare and Medicaid for lower income Americans. Generally, CMS addresses are new guidance or initiatives in programs for people with low-incomes, such as the Medicaid and SCHIP programs. Also, CMS provides information on the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit, as well as the low-income subsidy. Services settings such as Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), Community Health Centers (CHCs) and 340(b) Hospitals and other providers are also often discussed. CMS co-hosts this forum with the Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA). Timely announcements and clarifications regarding important rulemaking, agency program initiatives, and other related areas impacting the lower income beneficiaries are also included in the Forums.
**Updated March 5, 2014 - The proposed agenda for the next Low Income Health Access Open Door Forum is scheduled for Wednesday, March 12, 2014 from 2:00pm-3:30pmET is as follows: Marketplace.gov/Healthcare.gov; Duals Office Update - State Integrated Care Demos; HRSA & CMS Joint Presentation - Marketplace Outreach & Education Update; Medicaid Updates; Hospital Presumptive Eligibility- CMCS;Preventive Services Regulation (New Models for license providers & community health workers) – CMCS; Marketplace and Medicaid enrollment numbers; Latest “messaging” from the Department on Marketplace (potentially including the week’s theme depending on date); Provider resources. This agenda is subject to Change. If you wish to participate, dial 1-800-837-1935 Conference ID 71246839. Please see the full participation announcement in the Downloads section below. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
- Low Income Health Access Open Door Forum Mailing List Sign-Up - Opens in a new window
- Assuring Access to Community Living for the Disabled Fact Sheet - Opens in a new window
- Government Printing Office Federal Register - Opens in a new window
- HRSA Patient Safety & Clinical Pharmacy Services Collaborative (added 03/25/10) - Opens in a new window
- HRSAs FY 2009 Grant Opportunities in the Health Center Program (added 12/12/08) - Opens in a new window
- HRSAs General Health Center Program Information (added 12/12/08) - Opens in a new window
- School Health Program - Opens in a new window
- National Assembly On School-Based Health Care - Opens in a new window
- CMS Survey and Certification Group Training Site - Opens in a new window
- Page last Modified: 03/05/2014 11:48 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins