Skilled Nursing Facilities/Long-Term Care Open Door Forum
The Skilled Nursing Facilities / Long-Term Care Open Door Forum (ODF) addresses the concerns and issues of both the Medicare SNF, the Medicaid NF, and the nursing home industry generally. The types of issues that come up during this forum are often related to the Minimum Data Set, SNF Consolidated Billing, the roles and responsibilities of different SNF, NF or LTC professional staff under CMS regulations, clarifications of issues that are covered during a survey and certification process, and the many rules and requirements under which different related services can be payable. Timely announcements and clarifications regarding important rulemaking, quality program initiatives, and other related areas are also included in the forums.
On Thursday, May 16th, CMS hosted a webinar titled, “Data.Medicare.Gov: Get Started!” Please see the Downloads section below for the link to the May 16th webinar. Thank you.
On Thursday, May 16, 2013, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services will be hosting a webinar, “Data.Medicare.Gov: Get Started!” to: Provide an introduction to Data.Medicare.Gov; Demonstrate options for accessing the data; and Describe how to make use of the site’s tools for exploring and interacting with the data. Please see the Downloads section below for full announcement with background information and registration instructions.
May 9, 2013 MDS 3.0 Updates:
MDS 3.0 RAI Manual V1.10 May 2013 – Note: The next MDS 3.0 RAI Manual update will be posted sometime next week. We have made recent enhancements, so there has been a slight delay. Please check the MDS 3.0 RAI Manual webpage next week.
MDS Provider Update Training – Note: The first training video, which includes coding of discharge assessments and use of dashes, has been finalized. This video will soon be available for preview by the RAI Coordinators for a two week time period. We anticipate public posting last week in May. Access to the video will be from the DHHS YouTube site and have a link from our MDS 3.0 Training page. **Please note that specific addresses are not yet available and will be announced prior to posting.
CMS Seeks Public Comment on Defining QIO Service Areas - Comments Accepted through Friday, May 31, 2013. Please see Downloads section below for full announcement.
CMS will host a National Provider Call on Wednesday, May 22, 2013, titled: National Physician Payment Transparency Program (Open Payments) - What You Need To Know. Please see Downloads section below for full announcement.
The agenda for the May 2, 2013 Skilled Nursing Facilities/LTC Open Door Forum is now available in the Downloads section below. If you wish to participate, dial 1-800-837-1935; Conference ID: 78862506. Please see the full participation announcement in the Downloads section below. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
The next Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs)/Long-Term Care (LTC) Open Door Forum is scheduled for Thursday, May 2, 2013, from 2:00pm – 3:00pm, ET. If you wish to participate, dial 1-800-837-1935; Conference ID: 78862506. Please see the full participation announcement in the Downloads section below. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
Per request during the March 21, 2013 Skilled Nursing Facilities/Long Term Care Open Door Forum, the Current Regulatory Plan and the Unified Agenda of Regulatory and Deregulatory Actions web link is as follows: http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgendaMain . Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
- May 17, 2013 - Link to the May 16, 2013 CMS Webinar titled "Data.Medicare.Gov: Get Started!" [PDF, 146KB]
- Thursday, May 16, 2013 - Webinar - Data.Medicare.Gov: Get Started! [PDF, 269KB]
- Thursday, May 2, 2013 - CMS Seeks Public Comment on Defining QIO Service Areas - Comments Accepted through Friday, May 31st [PDF, 270KB]
- Wednesday, May 22, 2013 - National Provider Call - National Physician Payment Transparency Program (Open Payment) - What You Need To Know [PDF, 281KB]
- New Electronic Mailing List to Keep Medicare Fee-For-Service Providers Informed [PDF, 263KB]
- SNF Spell of Illness Chart January 2007 [PDF, 29KB]
- Skilled Nursing Facilities/Long Term Care Open Door Forum Mailing List Sign-Up - Opens in a new window
- CMS YouTube Channel - Opens in a new window
- Government Printing Office Federal Register - Opens in a new window
- Medicare Learning Network (MLN) Product Ordering Page - Opens in a new window
- Skilled Nursing Facility Center
- CMS Regional Offices
- Nursing Home Quality Campaign - Opens in a new window
- QIES Technical Support Office - Opens in a new window
- Nursing Home Quality Initiative
- Nursing Homes
- SNF Consolidated Billing
- Page last Modified: 05/17/2013 4:40 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins