Low-Income Health Access Open Door Forum
The Low Income Health Access Open Door Forum (ODF) addresses the concerns of the beneficiary advocates, providers, and information intermediaries throughout the country interested in improving access to Medicare and Medicaid for lower income Americans. Generally, CMS addresses are new guidance or initiatives in programs for people with low-incomes, such as the Medicaid and SCHIP programs. Also, CMS provides information on the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit, as well as the low-income subsidy. Services settings such as Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), Community Health Centers (CHCs) and 340(b) Hospitals and other providers are also often discussed. CMS co-hosts this forum with the Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA). Timely announcements and clarifications regarding important rulemaking, agency program initiatives, and other related areas impacting the lower income beneficiaries are also included in the Forums.
**Updated: January 27, 2015 - Special Open Door Forum (SODF): Understanding Dialysis Facility Compare-Driving Informed Decision Making, Wednesday, February 4, 2015, from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00p.m. Eastern Time. The purpose of this SODF call is allow patient advocacy groups, dialysis patients, and other interested parties to provide information and to solicit feedback on the introduction of star ratings on Dialysis Facility Compare. This Special Open Door Forum will provide background on the Compare website star rating initiative, the development of star ratings for DFC, and the role of star ratings and other important consumer information in making treatment decisions. We invite questions from ESRD patients, consumers and consumer advocates, and plans, providers, and purchasers in advance, or during the forum. Please submit questions here. Please follow along during the call for the Power Point slides: www.dialysisdata.org. If you wish to participate, dial: 1-800-837-1935 & Conference ID: 62054250. We look forward to your participation. Please see the Downloads section below for the full call announcement. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
- Low Income Health Access Open Door Forum Mailing List Sign-Up - Opens in a new window
- Assuring Access to Community Living for the Disabled Fact Sheet - Opens in a new window
- Government Printing Office Federal Register - Opens in a new window
- HRSA Patient Safety & Clinical Pharmacy Services Collaborative (added 03/25/10) - Opens in a new window
- HRSAs FY 2009 Grant Opportunities in the Health Center Program (added 12/12/08) - Opens in a new window
- HRSAs General Health Center Program Information (added 12/12/08) - Opens in a new window
- School Health Program - Opens in a new window
- National Assembly On School-Based Health Care - Opens in a new window
- CMS Survey and Certification Group Training Site - Opens in a new window
- Page last Modified: 01/27/2015 1:05 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins