Toolkit Part 1: About this Toolkit
This page links to the download for Toolkit Part 1, About this Toolkit and how it can help you. This part covers the following topics:
- What is the Toolkit?
- The Toolkit focuses on written material for CMS audiences.
- What are "CMS audiences"?
- What do we mean by "written material"?
- What are "low literacy skills"?
- How are literacy skills measured?
- This Toolkit is oriented toward the needs of readers with only Basic level literacy skills.
- If material works well for people with Basic level literacy skills, is it also suitable for those with skills above the Basic level?
- The Toolkit is a health literacy resource.
- What is health literacy and why is it a concern?
- What can be done to improve health literacy?
- What about written material and health literacy?
- The Toolkit is a health literacy resource for improving written material.
- We take a reader-centered approach to developing and testing written material.
- How can the Toolkit help you?
- What tools does it offer?
- How can you use the Toolkit?
To view Toolkit Part 1, click the download listed below. You are also allowed to save or print a copy of this download from your personal computer.
- Page last Modified: 03/16/2012 6:18 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins