CME Courses for Laboratory Directors of Moderate Complexity Laboratories
The courses listed below are designed to meet the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) requirement at 42 CFR 493.1405(b)(2)(ii)(B). Refer to the Related Links section below for specific program information.
- University of Iowa –On-line computer assisted laboratory director course. Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and are designated as an American Medical Association Physician's Recognition Award (AMA PRA) category 1 credits.
- COLA –Symposium for Clinical Laboratories: Three day meeting with national speakers and exhibits containing laboratory equipment. Approved by the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) for CME credit.
- COLA – LabUniversity: On-line laboratory director CME course program. Approved by the AAFP for CME credit.
- AMA/AAFP Equivalency - AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ toward the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award. When applying for the AMA PRA, Prescribed credit earned must be reported as Prescribed, not as Category 1.
- Page last Modified: 04/14/2014 7:41 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins