Cytology Proficiency Testing
The Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) regulations at Section 493.855(a) state: "The laboratory must ensure that each individual engaged in the examination of gynecologic preparations is enrolled in a proficiency testing (PT) program approved by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) . . ."
The CMS-approved Cytology Proficiency Testing (PT) Programs for calendar year 2014 are
- the College of American Pathologists,
- the State of Maryland Cytology PT Program, and
- the American Society for Clinical Pathology program.
For additional CLIA cytology PT information, refer to the links below.
- Page last Modified: 02/26/2014 7:44 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins